Sample Code - Sync TWO SQLCE databases on devices RRS feed

Answers

• Hi Kristine,

unfortunately the devices bit to enable peer to peer sync for two SQLCE database on devices is not avaiable for now. we evaluated the requirements and priority of our releases and at this moment we don't have a firm plan on this yet.

we will keep you updated with our device support story.

thanks
    Yunwen

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Sunday, February 28, 2010 5:16 PM

All replies

• Hi Kristine,

unfortunately the devices bit to enable peer to peer sync for two SQLCE database on devices is not avaiable for now. we evaluated the requirements and priority of our releases and at this moment we don't have a firm plan on this yet.

we will keep you updated with our device support story.

thanks
    Yunwen

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Sunday, February 28, 2010 5:16 PM
  • In that case is there a type of work around?  I have multiple devices working on site, and if they do not have a good data signal they can not sync to know what the other person has completed.  I beleive I can create the needed SQL queries to send to each device from the device, if I can find a way for the two devices to communicate those queries to each other - like via bluetooth (or even infrared with our next devices).

Also I am confused by the image on under "Multiple Synchronization Topologies" on this page (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/sync/bb887608.aspx) if p2p is not available. I maybe asking the wrong questions, but based on this image I am lead to think there is someway to comunicate the change. Is there any sample or documentation on using Multiple Synchronization Topologies? 

Would it be possible to sync the databases if we were using something other than SQLCE and is there something else available to use on devices at this time?

Thanks!
    Kristine

Sunday, February 28, 2010 5:35 PM
  • Hi Kristine - It can still be possible for a device to send changes to a PC - the device would store it's metadata file, but it's provider would run on the PC itself (partial participant). However, we don't have a released solution today where you can execute the sync framework on the device and send changes from one device to the other.
    Tuesday, March 16, 2010 4:21 AM