File upload/Document management for remote access RRS feed

• Question

• I've been looking into sharepoint etc on the home server for keeping versions of documents, or allowing remote upload and replace of documents direct from office (using the Publish to document management system).

Being able to load a document from remote access over the internet, having it editable (instead of read only) and then saved back to the Windows home server I thought would be a great addition. Especially if the versioning could be different to Sharepoint in that real files are used and not data blobs inside a db.  As that would allow internal access via shares with no further issues.
    Thursday, May 21, 2009 3:21 AM

Answers

• I've been looking into sharepoint etc on the home server for keeping versions of documents or allowing remote upload and replace of documents direct from office (using the Publish to document management system).

Being able to load a document from remote access over the internet, having it editable (instead of read only) and then saved back to the Windows home server I thought would be a great addition. Especially if the versioning could be different to Sharepoint in that real files are used and not data blobs inside a db.  As that would allow internal access via shares with no further issues.
    Installing SharePoint (or any other app for that matter) on WHS is unsupported.
    Thursday, May 21, 2009 4:31 AM