WLOC Agent has Stopped working RRS feed

• General discussion

• WLOC Agent has Stopped working, Oh Oh pop up on the screen when I left WLOC 2.0 alone to run manual Tune up When I came home everything was still running but there was a pop up dialog saying WLOC agent has stopped suddenly do I want to To continue to close out of it

I guess you can't leave one care alone for one second

Details I'm Tracking:

Faulting application GtCC.exe, version 2.0.2284.28, time stamp 0x469d4167, faulting module kernel32.dll, version 6.0.6000.16386, time stamp 0x4549bdc9, exception code 0xc0000142, fault offset 0x00008fc7, process id 0x1190, application start time 0x01c7d443a966ef0c.

can you say Ouch !

Wednesday, August 1, 2007 3:21 PM

All replies

•  

Hi Mikro,

Thank you for the bug report.  This is a known issue, that should be fixed in the next Beta refresh.

Thanks

Guhan

Wednesday, August 1, 2007 3:55 PM
  •  Guhan [Microsoft] wrote:

Hi Mikro,

Thank you for the bug report.  This is a known issue, that should be fixed in the next Beta refresh.

Thanks

Guhan

Ah another Known Error, It be nice if the Known Issues and what's in a build be put in a Readme file with the software. So me & Others as testers doen't report exsisting Issues all the time.

Friday, August 3, 2007 5:50 PM
  • Hi Mikro,

Do you mean that it would be helpful/useful to add a "What's new in this release" file to each update ?

I fully agree with you if that is what you meant !

Friday, August 3, 2007 6:27 PM
  • A Readme File is a informational file commonly found in games it's file developers use to inform those of issues problems features and some cases if a issue is discovered ussually a quick fix or how to fix a known issue till a update is found. in WLOC Beta case it could tell a user what's new changed or what some new Known issues are so we don't go wasting time reporting a known issue.

Friday, August 3, 2007 7:28 PM
  • Just for the record I had this Issue happen again

Friday, August 10, 2007 8:08 PM
  • I also have this issue.  If I leave the pc running for a day, i will find ~6 of these 'gtcc.exe has stopped working' dialogs on the screen. 

How far away is the fix?

JC

Tuesday, February 19, 2008 11:01 AM
  •  jkcrotty wrote:

I also have this issue.  If I leave the pc running for a day, i will find ~6 of these 'gtcc.exe has stopped working' dialogs on the screen. 

How far away is the fix?

JC

Please contact support to address this problem, or consider reinstalling OneCare. Make sure that you know the LiveID for your subscription before uninstalling.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

-steve

Tuesday, February 19, 2008 12:29 PM