Integration of Public 360 ( software innovation) with dynamics crm 2011 / 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello All,

I want to integrate Public 360 with Dynamics CRM 2011/ 2013.

Here , i want to archive emails, store documents directly from CRM, and many more.

Please suggest how its integration is done ?

Thanks.

Tanu Goyal

Monday, June 9, 2014 11:46 AM

All replies

• What is it you're trying to do?  Public 360 overlaps a lot of core CRM functionality, so what's your goal? 

Also, Dynamics CRM has a whole set of government services extensions: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/dynamics/crm-government.aspx so you might be better served looking at using that with CRM than trying to sync up with a third-party tool.

The postings on this site are solely my own and do not represent or constitute Hitachi Solutions' positions, views, strategies or opinions.

Monday, June 9, 2014 1:49 PM
  • Hello Wayne,

I have to use 3rd party tool - Public 360, already being used by clients.

Requirements are :

1. CRM must be able to store documents in Public 360.
    2. It should  be possible to sign documents that are filed in Public 360 in CRM.
    3. Documents in CRM must be filed in each Public 360.
    4. archiving in Public 360 (from a user's point of view).
    5.  archiving in Public 360 can be customized OSL needs.
    6. how CRM can facilitate access to contract documents (stored in Public 360).
    7. how documents filed in Public 360can be registered in CRM
    8. how audit the handling of documents in Public 360may be reflected in CRM
    9. Describe how documents of a project can be easily stored in Public 360.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Questions :

How we integrate public 360 with dynamics CRM ?

Is it achieved in CRM web client / outlook client ( because public 360 provides built in capability in Outlook ) ?

I didn't find any helpful material yet. If you could share your experiences.

Tanu Goyal

Tuesday, June 10, 2014 4:22 AM
  • So this is a non-trivial amount of work you're talking about. You will need to write connections using the CRM SDK to do this, and possibly even some intermediate services in Azure or Scribe.

Let's go through the requirements one-by-one. 

1. You will most likely have to remove any reference to attaching documents to CRM entirely, and then surface an IFrame of Public 360's documents.  Which means you are going to have to find a way to link a record in CRM to a record in Public 360, likely through GUIDs or some other unique ID.  You will also likely need an interface for users to link up records if for any reason CRM can't find a matching Public 360 record.
    2. This you might be able to piggyback off of solution 1.
    3. Refer to solution 1, so documents are never actually stored in CRM
    4. Don't know what you mean by "archiving".  Do you need to push old records of some sort to Public 360?  Do they need to be deleted in CRM when that happens?  This is where you likely would need to use a tool like Scribe to handle data migration and deletion.
    5. As with 4, will need more detail
    6. I imagine you'd leverage solution 1, so the documents are always in Public 360 and CRM just shows Public 360
    7. Assuming with Solution 1 they are never actually in CRM
    8. Assuming Solution 1, you would just surface the audit page inside of CRM
    9. Like Solution 1.

And that all assumes IFraming Public 360 is an acceptable solution.  It would almost certainly be the one that would take the least amount of development hours, and it's still not a trivial task.

The postings on this site are solely my own and do not represent or constitute Hitachi Solutions' positions, views, strategies or opinions.

Tuesday, June 10, 2014 2:00 PM