Database schema Docs RRS feed

• Question

• I was able to view the Database schema of the OCS LCS database.  It has lots of tables, joins, and the like.  Are there any docs that would help someone who is looking to program against this?  What do the columns mean?  What do various call, conference, IM, etc. sessions records look like?
    Wednesday, June 13, 2007 8:13 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

Are you able to see CDR tables in OCS database.If you can see, then can you tell me what are all the fileds in CDR(Call Details Record)table.
    Help will be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Sreejith.
    Friday, June 15, 2007 4:58 AM
  • I did not see a specific table that could be considered a call detail record.  That is why I was confused.  bunches of tables with various joins, but I could not make any sense of it without some better docs.
    Friday, June 15, 2007 2:34 PM
  • You can use Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio Express (SSMSE) to query the database.I think it will give you a better understanding about tables.

It is a free download used to manage SQL Express installations. You can download it here:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=C243A5AE-4BD1-4E3D-94B8-5A0F62BF7796&displaylang=en

Monday, June 18, 2007 4:51 AM
  •  mjw913 wrote:
    I was able to view the Database schema of the OCS LCS database. It has lots of tables, joins, and the like. Are there any docs that would help someone who is looking to program against this? What do the columns mean? What do various call, conference, IM, etc. sessions records look like?

I've seen no documentation - but I suspect there is plenty internally to Microsoft.

In general, it's probably not a good idea to program directly against the SQL database. Rather, you should program using the Client/Server APIs.
    Tuesday, June 19, 2007 6:29 AM
  •  

Which API's are you talking about?  Is there some API that can be used instead of doing ODBC to the SQL Tables?
    Tuesday, August 21, 2007 9:26 PM