Most recent Windows One care update RRS feed

• General discussion

• I am curious, how do I find out which is the most recent updates for all of Windows Onecare apps.  And how often does it updated to fight the evil "non" mircosoft bad guys.

And I wanted to give a great big shout out to those who work for Microsoft and those who procduce Windows Onecare.

I have been a Microsoft fan ever since, I got my first PC back in 97 and now that I am out...All I can do is praise and help spread the word about Microsoft products and Windows Onecare. GREAT JOB AND KEEP ON THE GOOD FIGHT!!!!

Ryan =) 

Friday, June 20, 2008 8:52 AM

All replies

• Hello, Ryan.

I don't know why this information is not published anywhere, but it isn't. However, you can always open OneCare and click Check For Updates. If it comes back and tells you that it is up to date, it is. The exception to this would be the program itself. There are cases where your definitions and firewall rules are up to date, but the program itself remains on an old version, though this is very rare. If you come to the forum and see that a new version is out and your version in Help/About is older, *and* it has been several weeks since the new major version was released, then you may have that rare problem.

-steve

Friday, June 20, 2008 4:52 PM
  • Thank you for the response.  I purchased Windows Onecare 2.0.  How do I know if all the apps are up to date itself. 

Friday, June 20, 2008 5:12 PM
  • 2.0 is the latest version. Expect to see 2.5 later this summer. The issue I described with the program not updating affected version 1.0 and 1.5 users only, to the best of my knowledge.

-steve

Friday, June 20, 2008 7:13 PM