Laptop reboots after backup? RRS feed

• Question

• My wife told me today, after several weeks of using WHS, that her laptop reboots after every backup.

I've not witnessed this. Nor am I convinced that it really does reboot after every backup. She's not the sort to tolerate such a thing for a month or more before mentioning it ...

BUT

If she is right, then I'd appreciate it if anyone else has run into the same thing and can tell me how to prevent the reboot. Anyone?

Wednesday, April 18, 2007 2:28 PM

Answers

• I think she was having a brain fart. No report of a reboot this morning, but the laptop definitely backed up last night ...

I'll keep an eye on this, but I think something else cause her laptop to reboot.

Friday, April 20, 2007 2:16 AM

All replies

• i have never seen this.  I know  you have to do a reboot after doing a Full PC Restore using the Home Computer Restore CD, but my nightly backups run.  Every now and then Windows Updates causes a reboot on my home computers, but not the Windows Home Server Connector and automated backup application
    Thursday, April 19, 2007 9:13 PM
  • I think she was having a brain fart. No report of a reboot this morning, but the laptop definitely backed up last night ...

I'll keep an eye on this, but I think something else cause her laptop to reboot.

Friday, April 20, 2007 2:16 AM
  • When I was running beta 2, my laptop would crash and reboot after each overnight backup.  I documented the problem on Connect here: https://connect.microsoft.com/WindowsHomeServer/feedback/ViewFeedback.aspx?FeedbackID=262976 I'm now on CTP and am now doing a manual backup on the laptop.  So, tonight I'll see if it crashes and reboots tonight.
    Friday, April 20, 2007 2:46 AM
  • I would also check if its a update thats getting applied.

Sometimes the microsoft updates after they apply will automatically reboot the computer.

I know my girlfriend would not know the difference and just blame everything for the reboot.

Sunday, April 22, 2007 11:27 PM