none
Connector Will Not Connect on a Vista Computer RRS feed

• Question

• My son's laptop has an account on my WHS. It was used normally (Backup, File Server, etc) until he went to college. He has been unable to connect to the server since coming home for Christmas Break.

I uninstalled the Connector and installed the current version. Copied from the WHS Software folder. Now I see a Green WHS icon in his Systray, the WHS can see his computer in Computers and Backup. But I can not connect from his machine or force a backup from the server.

How can I resolve this?
    Monday, January 5, 2009 9:27 PM

Answers

• Figured it out. This may help others in future. Somehow my son's computer Node Type had been set to Peer - Peer. Changed that to Broadcast and all is good. Did have some issues with WHS reporting bad clusters on the Vista computer but ran chkdsk and fixed it. Then WHS was able to Backup and move files from Vista to WHS Shares.
    • Marked as answer by RonRock Wednesday, January 7, 2009 5:49 PM
    Wednesday, January 7, 2009 5:49 PM

All replies

• Dir you try rebooting the server already?
    Which security software does your son have installed?
    Is a backup configured for that system (in the console click the PC and select Configure Backup)?
    Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf
    Monday, January 5, 2009 10:43 PM
  • Figured it out. This may help others in future. Somehow my son's computer Node Type had been set to Peer - Peer. Changed that to Broadcast and all is good. Did have some issues with WHS reporting bad clusters on the Vista computer but ran chkdsk and fixed it. Then WHS was able to Backup and move files from Vista to WHS Shares.
    • Marked as answer by RonRock Wednesday, January 7, 2009 5:49 PM
    Wednesday, January 7, 2009 5:49 PM