none
Good for webdesign? RRS feed

• Question

• Hey!

I was just wondering if Visual Studio is a good tool to design the layout for a webpage? 

I'm following a course at nha about webdesign and I have to make a website, so looking for something that is easy to use for a beginner. 

Monday, May 1, 2017 8:27 AM

All replies

• Hi Vlietje1,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

>>>I was just wondering if Visual Studio is a good tool to design the layout for a webpage? 

This is entirely a personal preference type of question. If you are want to design a webpage rather than develop webpage, I don't recommend Visual Studio for desining websites. It's a developer tool (probably the best in the world) rather than a designer tool. You can go the Adobe DreamWeaver for designing websites. Or go for Microsoft Expression Web, it's free and super easy to use!

First, Visual Studio was designed to create applications (not just to style their apperance like a tool such as Dreamweaver does) and designing isn't going to be its primary purpose.

Second, if you don't want to spend a great deal of time working with HTML and CSS (or if you don't feel strong enough with them to build something on your own) would be to use a template that roughly matches what you are looking for. Templates are available all across the web and since they rely just on HTML, CSS and rarely some Javascript, they can be used for any web-based project including .NET Applications (targeting Web Forms, MVC and Web Pages as well).

Besides, since your question is more related to the ASP.NET Web, we suggest you could submit your question to the ASP.NET Web forum. More community members that forum may further look at your issue and provide more suggestions.

Hope this can help you.

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, May 2, 2017 4:51 AM
  • @Vlietje1, Does the answer resolve your question? If not ,please let us to know the latest status of this question?

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, May 5, 2017 9:21 AM