Vail partitioned drives outside of main pool and leaves "Storage" drive?? RRS feed

• Question

• SO I broke down and purchased a old server to install and start playing around with Vail. My system specs are as follows:

AMD Opteron dual processor Tynan MB

2x AMD Opteron 290

8G Ram

3ware 9550sx Raid card

2x 250G hdd running in raid 1 for OS

9x 750 G Hdd running in raid 5

When I installed vail, it initially had issues loading the drivers for the raid card. I got that resolved but then noticed that once finished, it had pre partitioned all of my storage drives into 116gig partitions and left the main storage pool labeled as drive "Storage" Drive E?? 

Can I reallocate the size of my sotrage drives? ie: http://img121.imageshack.us/img121/1481/imag0383.jpg

What did I do wrong?

Thursday, January 20, 2011 9:18 PM

Answers

•  *LOL...ya...missed that one....I just finished saving the money for the hew hardware and purchased it having not read the updates for a few weeks. Oh well. Hmmm.....anyone wanna but a server??*

Just keep it until the new beta comes out. :)

Nancy

Nancy Ward
    • Marked as answer by Tgoding Saturday, January 29, 2011 2:37 PM
    Friday, January 21, 2011 1:11 AM

All replies

• On Thu, 20 Jan 2011 21:18:03 +0000, Tgoding wrote:

What did I do wrong?

You mean besides missing the fact that the currently available version of
    Vail isn't worth playing around with at all as it expired on January 10th
    and there's no replacement yet, and when there is it will be using a
    completely different storage model?

:-)

Paul Adare
    MVP - Identity Lifecycle Manager
    http://www.identit.ca
    Closed loop: A method of execution no longer in vogue except in Iran.

• Proposed as answer by dlwilliams12 Saturday, January 29, 2011 2:26 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by Tgoding Saturday, January 29, 2011 2:49 PM
    Thursday, January 20, 2011 9:25 PM
  • LOL...ya...missed that one....I just finished saving the money for the hew hardware and purchased it having not read the updates for a few weeks. Oh well. Hmmm.....anyone wanna but a server??
    Thursday, January 20, 2011 9:35 PM
  •  *LOL...ya...missed that one....I just finished saving the money for the hew hardware and purchased it having not read the updates for a few weeks. Oh well. Hmmm.....anyone wanna but a server??*

Just keep it until the new beta comes out. :)

Nancy

Nancy Ward
    • Marked as answer by Tgoding Saturday, January 29, 2011 2:37 PM
    Friday, January 21, 2011 1:11 AM
  • Thanks.....I actually used the work around and now have it up and running. I partitioned the 9 720 gig drives into 2 4 drive raids and a 720 single , 1TB as a single drive to the array. I have been moving a bunch of data back and forth and the only issue so far is the server has not found a suitable drive for backup. I do love this as a resource....going to start really making this thing a workhorse to see what happens as I have all of my data still running live on my WHS v1.

Thanks Nancy!

Saturday, January 29, 2011 2:44 PM