Getting Genuine with action pack licenses. RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have a computer running XP-Professional and am getting the "get genuine" message. I have 10 an Action Pack that contains 10 iicenses for Windows XP-Professional x64.

Can I use one of those licenses to get genuine and how do I do it? Will I lose data is there any danger.

Thank you.

Friday, September 29, 2006 6:57 PM

Answers

• DonVess,

Occasionally we have had some customers that purchased valid copies of Windows or received them when purchasing an OEM system but failed validation. In most cases this has been determined to be the result of the actual Product Key used to install the current version of Windows XP to be blocked. This most often has occurred by the computer being repaired and a Blocked Product Key being used on the computer at that time.

To confirm there are no other blocking issues with your validation such as clock out of synch or IE settings blocking the validation process please run the WGA Diagnostics located here:

http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/diag/

If everything here is confirmed as functioning properly and you still have issues validating could you please run the wgadiag tool again and post the information for us.

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012

Without actually posting your Product Key in this post compare the last 15 characters of your COA to the last 15 characters in the Diag output. If they are not the same you will have to change the product key. The easiest way to do this without having to re-install applications or lose data is to refer to the Repair Method in this KB Article.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315341/en-us

Warning: as with any such major procedure it is highly recommended you backup all critical/personal data on your computer that you would not want to lose and ensure you have the software to re-install your applications should something happen.

We can also attempt to change the key using the Product Key Update tool below. The Genuine Advantage Product Key Update Tool is only valid for users attempting to change their current non-genuine Product Key to a genuine COA sticker or genuine Product Key – all without a reinstall! http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/selfhelp/PkuInstructions.aspx?displayLang=en

Note: This is provided no core system files are corrupted. If they are you will need to complete a clean install of your system.

Monday, October 2, 2006 1:34 AM

All replies

• DonVess,

To help me understand the issue further can you please follow the steps below?

1. Download and run the WGA Diagnostic Tool  http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012

2. After running the WGA Diagnostic Tool, click on the "Windows" tab and then click on "Copy" at the bottom right of the window. Paste the results into your forum response by starting a new post/thread and holding down "CTRL" and clicking "V" while still having "CTRL" held.

Thanks,

Friday, September 29, 2006 7:01 PM
  • Here it is

Diagnostic Report (1.5.0545.0):
    -----------------------------------------
    WGA Data-->
    Validation Status: Blocked VLK
    Windows Product Key: *****-*****-TPQR9-V28WV-R8P8C
    Windows Product Key Hash: ykURIQe2GFLUPPonNU+KAMh1QLo=
    Windows Product ID: 55274-646-9686166-23334
    Windows Product ID Type: 1
    Windows License Type: Volume
    Windows OS version: 5.1.2600.2.00010100.2.0.pro
    ID: 524e68a9-c60a-40e6-be03-83aae88c21da
    Is Admin: Yes
    AutoDial: No
    Registry: 0x0
    WGA Version: Registered, 1.5.708.0
    Signed By: Microsoft
    Validation Diagnostic:
    Resolution Status: N/A

System Scan Data-->
    Scan: Complete
    Cryptography: Complete

Notifications Data-->
    Cached Result: 3
    File Exists: Yes
    Version: 1.5.540.0
    WgaTray.exe Signed By: Microsoft
    WgaLogon.dll Signed By: Microsoft

OGA Data-->
    Office Status: 114
    Office Diagnostics: 77F760FE-275-80070002_7E90FEE8-171-80070002_B4D0AA8B-528-645

Browser Data-->
    Proxy settings: N/A
    User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Win32)
    Default Browser: C:\PROGRA~1\MOZILL~1\FIREFOX.exe
    Download signed ActiveX controls: Prompt
    Download unsigned ActiveX controls: Disabled
    Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins: Allowed
    Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe: Disabled
    Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control: Disabled
    Active scripting: Allowed
    Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting: Allowed

File Scan Data-->

Other data-->
    Office Details: <GenuineResults><MachineData><UGUID>524e68a9-c60a-40e6-be03-83aae88c21da</UGUID><Version>1.5.0545.0</Version><OS>5.1.2600.2.00010100.2.0.pro</OS><PKey>*****-*****-*****-*****-R8P8C</PKey><PID>55274-646-9686166-23334</PID><PIDType>1</PIDType><SID>S-1-5-21-1454471165-602609370-1417001333</SID><SYSTEM><Manufacturer>INTEL_</Manufacturer><Model>D865GBF_</Model></SYSTEM><BIOS><Manufacturer>Intel Corp.</Manufacturer><Version>BF86510A.86A.0038.P08.0306241812</Version><SMBIOSVersion major="2" minor="3"/><Date>20030624000000.000000+000</Date></BIOS><HWID>A94B3CE701848063</HWID><UserLCID>0409</UserLCID><SystemLCID>0409</SystemLCID><TimeZone>Pacific Standard Time(GMT-08:00)</TimeZone></MachineData>   <Software><Office><Result>114</Result><Products><Product GUID="{90170409-6000-11D3-8CFE-0150048383C9}"><LegitResult>100</LegitResult><Name>Microsoft Office FrontPage 2003</Name><Ver>11</Ver><Val>5EA9C3672EB0500</Val><Hash>GZD+9sfb5ecL3RxyV4F75a86u2M=</Hash><Pid>72079-640-0000106-55893</Pid></Product><Product GUID="{90110409-6000-11D3-8CFE-0150048383C9}"><LegitResult>114</LegitResult><Name>Microsoft Office Professional Edition 2003</Name><Ver>11</Ver><Val>59D1605114E3500</Val><Hash>vfZmaSmFPIYrLWTcZSZErUQg+Fo=</Hash><Pid>73931-640-0000106-57057</Pid></Product></Products></Office></Software></GenuineResults> 

Friday, September 29, 2006 7:12 PM
  • DonVess,

Occasionally we have had some customers that purchased valid copies of Windows or received them when purchasing an OEM system but failed validation. In most cases this has been determined to be the result of the actual Product Key used to install the current version of Windows XP to be blocked. This most often has occurred by the computer being repaired and a Blocked Product Key being used on the computer at that time.

To confirm there are no other blocking issues with your validation such as clock out of synch or IE settings blocking the validation process please run the WGA Diagnostics located here:

http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/diag/

If everything here is confirmed as functioning properly and you still have issues validating could you please run the wgadiag tool again and post the information for us.

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012

Without actually posting your Product Key in this post compare the last 15 characters of your COA to the last 15 characters in the Diag output. If they are not the same you will have to change the product key. The easiest way to do this without having to re-install applications or lose data is to refer to the Repair Method in this KB Article.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315341/en-us

Warning: as with any such major procedure it is highly recommended you backup all critical/personal data on your computer that you would not want to lose and ensure you have the software to re-install your applications should something happen.

We can also attempt to change the key using the Product Key Update tool below. The Genuine Advantage Product Key Update Tool is only valid for users attempting to change their current non-genuine Product Key to a genuine COA sticker or genuine Product Key – all without a reinstall! http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/selfhelp/PkuInstructions.aspx?displayLang=en

Note: This is provided no core system files are corrupted. If they are you will need to complete a clean install of your system.

Monday, October 2, 2006 1:34 AM
  •  DonVess wrote:

Hello,

I have a computer running XP-Professional and am getting the "get genuine" message. I have 10 an Action Pack that contains 10 iicenses for Windows XP-Professional x64.

Can I use one of those licenses to get genuine and how do I do it? Will I lose data is there any danger.

Thank you.

Monday, October 2, 2006 2:17 AM
  • Hello,

^Thanks for the help so far.

I think I want to do a clean install with the new windows xp disk,

How to do this please?

thanks

Monday, October 2, 2006 5:25 PM
  • The windows product key upgrade tool returns the messagewhen I use one of the 10 product keys provided in the action pack::

"the product key entered is not a valid key for this system. Please .........."

Thank you.

Monday, October 2, 2006 5:47 PM
  • i have windows  vista  betaRC1 evaluation please  requeire validation key
    Monday, October 2, 2006 6:56 PM
  • i have windows  vista  betaRC1 evaluation please  requeire validation key

fm_mol@hotmail.com

Monday, October 2, 2006 6:56 PM
  • Hi Derrick,

I believe you had reasons to ask Don to run some tests to determine whether he had a genuine Windows license in the first place. But for the rest of us asking the same question, you did not answer it, so I'll ask it again.

If someone does not have a genuine Vista license (for example) on a PC that they use to do their work at their place of business, can they use one of the Vista licenses from MS Action Pack instead of purchasing a genuine Vista license?

Also, asking it in a way that most people would relate to, can a computer that uses any of the licenses from MS Action Pack be used to generate or do business for the company, or in other words, commercially?

Your prompt response would be appreciated.

Cecil.

Tuesday, April 3, 2007 3:58 PM
  • Hello,

I have a computer running XP-Professional and am getting the "get genuine" message. I have 10 an Action Pack that contains 10 iicenses for Windows XP-Professional x64.

Thank you.

Sunday, April 29, 2007 9:10 PM