Cisco CCM v6.01 and OCS 2007 not really supported ? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Everyone,

I try to integrate Cisco CCM v6.01a with OCS 2007 SE with a dedicated Mediation Server.

For the moment I don't have Cisco Presence Server on my lab.

According MS Documentations, OCS Platform require E.164 Number and + sign, but Cisco V6 does not really support this 2 things (for example CCM not able to string call): this information come with Cisco.

But in real, it's possible to have a Direct Sip Trunk between CCM and Mediation Server. Do u have experimented this ?

My Conf:

MOCS FE <-> One NIC (Mediation Server) One NIC <-> SIP <-> CCM v6.01

According to Microsoft, it's necessary to configure for the next hp on Mediation Server a supported Gateway (ex: Cisco 2851 Gw) ... ii don't understand exactly why it's necessary ?

In other way, i found an ciso docs on http://www.cisco.com/application/pdf/en/us/guest/products/ps7240/c1237/ccmigration_09186a00808aea28.pdf

who is necessary to have CisCo Presence Server ..... why ???

I'm very confused ... expert can you tell me the right way for integrating this Two world ?

Thanks in adavance.

Pierre

Thursday, January 24, 2008 9:43 AM

All replies

• You are not alone in your confusion. I'm still trying to figure it all out.

However, here is what I've found...

* Cisco doesn't support the E.164 yet and needs to drop the + sign when calling.

* CUPS will provide the CSTA and presence federation for OCS. The CSTA is needed for RCC (remote call control) and CUPS will provide presence information for when you are on your Cisco phone. If you pick up your Cisco phone, your OCS presence will change to 'On a Call'.

* Call Manager doesn't have a RegEx (regular expression) handler, but the 2851 (or other) does, to strip the + among other things...this would be the issue with the SIP trunk you mention.

* The Mediation server acts as a RTA to G.711 converter to the gateway.

Hope this helps,

Jim

Thursday, January 24, 2008 5:28 PM