off topic - Win32/FotoMoto RRS feed

• General discussion

• Win32/FotoMoto. I need help removing this. it redirects my homepage and makes my computer run very slow. i try to remove it buy it keeps coming up day by day, pls help, really frustrated

WAT DO I DO!??
    Sunday, August 19, 2007 3:44 PM

All replies

• I would presume you are not using Windows Live Onecare,

Please use this application http://www.safer-networking.org/en/mirrors/index.html ( Spybot SD )

download, intall, update and run as scan with it

now if this for scenario that it wouldnt clear all infection or so just to make sure, should you be located in US/CANADA please call Microsoft Security ( Free Support for Windows Users with malware,spyware, virus and spyware issue ) with this toll free number 866 727 2338.

Then if not advise us and lets see further alternatives to assist you in your concern.

Sunday, August 19, 2007 3:53 PM
  • Hello.

I wounder if you could help. I discovered that I had through windows defender win32/fotomoto on my comp, at the same time I started receving pop up boxes "powered by Zedo". I added the Spybot application, scanned and removed all viruses. I no longer get the warning message through windows but I am still getting the pop ups. I have done all the following -

Deleted my browsers temp files

Removed website cookies

Deleted internet applications used by my web browser

Performed scans with McAffe, Spybot and Microsoft

Reinstalled Internet Explorer

Deleted files and software

Added a pop up blocker.

I have looked all over the internet for a solution and have done various tasks in safe mode but nothing seems to have worked. Like I say the virus scans are coming back clean, so I have hit a brick wall!! Would a clean install work? I'm trying to avoid going down that route so if you have any suggestions....................."IT WOULD BE A MASSIVE HELP"

Thank youSmile

Thursday, November 8, 2007 2:01 AM
  • Natalie

Sorry but if you are not using Windows Live OneCare then you are off topic, this forum is dedicated to Windows Live OneCare, you can look for help and an answer here http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/list/en-us/default.aspx and I will be locking this thread

chuck

Thursday, November 8, 2007 6:26 PM