Is it possible to RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I forgot to add the "Annual Revenue" after uploading a whole list of leads.

May i know if it is possible to upload the revenue to the exisiting lead form by making a new excel sheet with
    the relevant values, meaning 2 column, Company Name and Annual Revenue

Please help. thank you so much

Monday, November 14, 2011 8:05 AM

Answers

• Hi,

You using CRM2011?

You can make use of the "make this data available for re-importing..." feature during export of your records.

All the ID will be included in the XML file, if you noticed, use Excel to change the data and re-import it.

CRM will does all the update job for you, remember to set the allow duplication option to "No" during import wizard.

Thanks

regards,
    Toong Yang
    http://eastoceantechnical.blogspot.com/
    • Proposed as answer by vegars Friday, November 18, 2011 2:08 AM
    • Marked as answer by vegars7 Wednesday, November 30, 2011 8:53 AM
    Tuesday, November 15, 2011 8:07 AM

All replies

• Hi,

It is possible, while importing the excel file you create a new map with only the those two fields company name and annual revenue.

Thanks & Regards, MS CRM Consultant, V.Surya.
    Monday, November 14, 2011 9:08 AM
  • Hi surya

But won't i create a duplicate with the same company name with just the annual revenue information? the annual revenue would not be added to the exisiting one right?

I cannot map the excel field company name together with the existing crm field company name isnt it?

Monday, November 14, 2011 10:09 AM
  • Hi,

Please configure duplicate detection rule for company name field that should be fine.

There is a option called Ignore while mapping, please select ignore for the company name field.

Monday, November 14, 2011 10:16 AM
  • meaning do i allow duplicate detection or dis allow?

When i ignore company name field, would the system know that i want the specific annual revenue to be under the sepcific company?

Monday, November 14, 2011 3:20 PM
  • Hi,

Please configure duplicate detection rule for company name field that should be fine.

While import the file, in allow duplicate detection option select NO.

Tuesday, November 15, 2011 7:10 AM
  • Hi,

You using CRM2011?

You can make use of the "make this data available for re-importing..." feature during export of your records.

All the ID will be included in the XML file, if you noticed, use Excel to change the data and re-import it.

CRM will does all the update job for you, remember to set the allow duplication option to "No" during import wizard.

Thanks

regards,
    Toong Yang
    http://eastoceantechnical.blogspot.com/
    • Proposed as answer by vegars Friday, November 18, 2011 2:08 AM
    • Marked as answer by vegars7 Wednesday, November 30, 2011 8:53 AM
    Tuesday, November 15, 2011 8:07 AM
  • Yes microsoft 2011

Just want to know if this still works if i dont export and re import, lets say i import another sheet with the similar company name

you mean No to duplication option or No to detect duplication?
    • Edited by vegars7 Tuesday, November 15, 2011 8:41 AM
    • Proposed as answer by vegars Friday, November 18, 2011 2:07 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by vegars Friday, November 18, 2011 2:08 AM
    Tuesday, November 15, 2011 8:30 AM
  • You need to export first and select the option to make the data available for import.  If you import new records without that it will create duplicates or fail because it found a duplicate.  Your other options are to use a tool like Scribe or CozyRoc to do the update.  I hope this answers your question.

Regards, Donna

Saturday, November 19, 2011 1:51 AM