windows xp activation RRS feed

• Question

•  

how can i activate my windows xp? i only bought this computer as a second hand and the former owner of this computer did not give to me the activation number and i want to update my windows xp. Hoping for help regarding this matter and thank you very many in advance..
    Friday, October 12, 2007 9:19 AM

Answers

• Hello Ventot,

Thank you for your post. There is nothing you can see directly to get your product key from the machine. There are however, 3rd party applications available that would be able to do this. We are unable to recommend any of them since it would be against our policy. A well phrased search in your favorite search engine should provide you the applet you are looking for.

Do you have the original software for the computer? What is the manufacturer name or is the computer customer built? Do you have the Certificate of Authenticity (COA) sticker located on the computer? Please reference the following website should you need a reference point:  http://www.microsoft.com/resources/howtotell/

If your computer is commercially produced then  your best solution would be to contact their Technical support.  Please request the recovery software for your particual make and model. Your system may be out of warantee so another source would be to search the forums of that manufacturer and ask how to locate the reinstallation medial for your make model of system. Hope this has provided you with information to resolve your issue.

Thank you,

Stephen Holm, MS

Friday, October 12, 2007 4:22 PM
  • Gwapo69,

Are you the same poster @ Ventot?  Have you tried the following information?

--There is nothing you can see directly to get your product key from the machine. There are however, 3rd party applications available that would be able to do this. We are unable to recommend any of them since it would be against our policy. A well phrased search in your favorite search engine should provide you the applet you are looking for.

Is your computer is commercially produced?  If so  your best solution would be to contact their Technical support.  Please request the recovery software for your particular make and model. Your system may be out of warantee so another source would be to search the forums of that manufacturer and ask how to locate the reinstallation medial for your make model of system. Hope this has provided you with information to resolve your issue.

Did you reference the following website as a good reference  point:  http://www.microsoft.com/resources/howtotell/

Where did you purchase the computer? Was the system brand new or did you purchase the system used? Since you didn't receive the original software with your purchase of the system then you will have to purchase a genuine copy of Windows.

Thank you,

Stephen Holm, MS

Monday, October 15, 2007 10:18 PM

All replies

•  

Friday, October 12, 2007 10:11 AM
  • Hello Ventot,

Thank you for your post. There is nothing you can see directly to get your product key from the machine. There are however, 3rd party applications available that would be able to do this. We are unable to recommend any of them since it would be against our policy. A well phrased search in your favorite search engine should provide you the applet you are looking for.

Do you have the original software for the computer? What is the manufacturer name or is the computer customer built? Do you have the Certificate of Authenticity (COA) sticker located on the computer? Please reference the following website should you need a reference point:  http://www.microsoft.com/resources/howtotell/

If your computer is commercially produced then  your best solution would be to contact their Technical support.  Please request the recovery software for your particual make and model. Your system may be out of warantee so another source would be to search the forums of that manufacturer and ask how to locate the reinstallation medial for your make model of system. Hope this has provided you with information to resolve your issue.

Thank you,

Stephen Holm, MS

Friday, October 12, 2007 4:22 PM
  • Alexgoh,

What is your question?

Stephen Holm, MS

Friday, October 12, 2007 4:30 PM
  • No I don't have the original software and I don't have the Certificate of Authenticity (COA) sticker on my computer.

Saturday, October 13, 2007 9:40 AM
  • Gwapo69,

Are you the same poster @ Ventot?  Have you tried the following information?

--There is nothing you can see directly to get your product key from the machine. There are however, 3rd party applications available that would be able to do this. We are unable to recommend any of them since it would be against our policy. A well phrased search in your favorite search engine should provide you the applet you are looking for.

Is your computer is commercially produced?  If so  your best solution would be to contact their Technical support.  Please request the recovery software for your particular make and model. Your system may be out of warantee so another source would be to search the forums of that manufacturer and ask how to locate the reinstallation medial for your make model of system. Hope this has provided you with information to resolve your issue.

Did you reference the following website as a good reference  point:  http://www.microsoft.com/resources/howtotell/

Where did you purchase the computer? Was the system brand new or did you purchase the system used? Since you didn't receive the original software with your purchase of the system then you will have to purchase a genuine copy of Windows.

Thank you,

Stephen Holm, MS

Monday, October 15, 2007 10:18 PM