Why does Excel 2010 crash after sorting? RRS feed

• Question

• Why does Excel 2010 "stop working" (crash) after sorting a worksheet using three sort keys - two date columns and a text title column?  The worksheet is stored as a ".xls" (excel 2002-2003) file.  It works without problem under Excel 2002.

• Moved by Calvin_Gao Tuesday, October 25, 2011 11:08 AM (From:Excel for Developers)
    Wednesday, October 19, 2011 5:53 PM

Answers

• Thanks Sid for your input.

Hi Tech,

This forum is dedicated to development questions related to Excel, for end-user questions, I would recommend you to repost in Excel Answer forum:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/excel

Thanks for your understanding and support.

Best Regards, Calvin Gao [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Tuesday, October 25, 2011 11:08 AM
  • TM, I am unable to reproduce the above mentioned issue, so I guess there is some other problem with the file.

Try and copy the data to a new Excel File and then try it. Does it still crash?

Sid (A good exercise for the Heart is to bend down and help another up) Please do not email me your questions. I do not answer questions by email unless I get paid for it :) If you want, create a thread in Excel forum and email me the link and I will help you if I can.
    Wednesday, October 19, 2011 7:16 PM

All replies

• TM, I am unable to reproduce the above mentioned issue, so I guess there is some other problem with the file.

Try and copy the data to a new Excel File and then try it. Does it still crash?

Sid (A good exercise for the Heart is to bend down and help another up) Please do not email me your questions. I do not answer questions by email unless I get paid for it :) If you want, create a thread in Excel forum and email me the link and I will help you if I can.
    Wednesday, October 19, 2011 7:16 PM
  • Thanks Sid for your input.

Hi Tech,

This forum is dedicated to development questions related to Excel, for end-user questions, I would recommend you to repost in Excel Answer forum:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/excel

Thanks for your understanding and support.

Best Regards, Calvin Gao [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Tuesday, October 25, 2011 11:08 AM