Managing Response time in Cases RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Forum,

In contract form I have added 3 custom fields, Urgent, Serious & Not Critical which stores the response time in Hours as decimal numbers (say 2.00, 4.00, 24.00), this is done becauase there are different response times for different customers.
    Now when I create a case I select the Case Type (Urgent, Serious or Non Critical) , based on this I want to schedule a service activity through a workflow which should automatically populate the End date of the service activity.

I created a Workflow in which new service activity record is created once a case is saved, but I am not able to specify the End Date even through the dynamic values.End date should be equal to Created Date + response time in Hrs (which corresponds to the value stored in Contract form) .

I hope the scenario is clear.
    Any idea how can we accomplish this scenario?

Thanks in Advance
    Thursday, November 13, 2008 2:42 PM

Answers

• Hi Majid, unfortunately there is no supported way of using workflow to add a number of hours to a date/time value. You know that the integer represents the number of hours, but how does CRM know your integer is not seconds, minutes, days, months or years?

You might be able to use the Date and Time Functions feature on a workflow step to accomplish your requirement, but you're going to have to configure separate workflow rules or conditions for urgent, serious and non-critical cases. You won't be able to use the custom fields you've created on the contract entity as workflow parameters without using a plugin.

Regards,

Neil

Tuesday, November 18, 2008 2:23 PM

All replies

• Hi Majid, unfortunately there is no supported way of using workflow to add a number of hours to a date/time value. You know that the integer represents the number of hours, but how does CRM know your integer is not seconds, minutes, days, months or years?

You might be able to use the Date and Time Functions feature on a workflow step to accomplish your requirement, but you're going to have to configure separate workflow rules or conditions for urgent, serious and non-critical cases. You won't be able to use the custom fields you've created on the contract entity as workflow parameters without using a plugin.

Regards,

Neil

Tuesday, November 18, 2008 2:23 PM
  • I am sure a plug-in can do what you are asking.

Thursday, November 20, 2008 12:53 PM