Problem with email router RRS feed

• Question

•  

I have a few questions related to our CRM deployment. We are running CRM Dynamics 4.0, SQL 2005 and Exchange 2007. The deployment has been set up already and the settings look good, but I cannot send or receive email from/to dynamics. The issues are listed below.

1. In event viewer, I receive an error for each user that mailbox could not be opened. I am attaching the error.             

Event Type: Error
    Event Source: MSCRMEmail
    Event Category: None
    Event ID: 0
    Date:  7/9/2008
    Time:  3:36:22 PM
    User:  N/A
    Computer: PSCRM
    Description:
    #26090 - An error occurred while opening mailbox support@portalsolutions.net. System.Net.WebException: The operation has timed out
       at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetRequestStream()
       at Microsoft.Crm.Tools.Email.Providers.HttpDavRequest.SubmitXmlCommand(HttpWebRequest httpWebRequest, String body)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Tools.Email.Providers.HttpDavRequest.RetrieveInboxUri()
       at Microsoft.Crm.Tools.Email.Providers.ExchangePollingMailboxProvider.OpenMailbox()
       at Microsoft.Crm.Tools.Email.Providers.CrmPollingMailboxProvider.Run()   

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

2. When I go to the Users, Queues and Forward Mailboxes tab on email router configuration manager, I get an access denied error. The configuration profiles are configured to use local system accounts.

The Email Router Configuration Manager was unable to retrieve user and queue information from the Microsoft Dynamics CRM server. This may indicate that the Microsoft Dynamics CRM server is busy. Verify that URL 'http://servername/' is correct. Additionally, this problem can occur if specified credentials are insufficient. To try again, click Load Data. (The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized.)

3. Since we have specified to use SMTP on our Exchange 2007 server, do I need to create a connector? I am new to 2007, so I'm a little unsure.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jamie

Wednesday, July 9, 2008 8:15 PM

Answers

• Yup, I am using a forward mailbox, I tried about everything I could find on the net and still could not get it running when trying to connect to exchange.

I finally gave up and just configured it through pop3, works fine doing that.

• Marked as answer by Jim Glass Jr Friday, October 9, 2009 8:07 PM
    Wednesday, September 24, 2008 2:58 PM

All replies

• I also do not have SMTP installed on the CRM server which is running windows 2003. Should I install SMTP on this server?

Wednesday, July 9, 2008 9:23 PM
  •  

Any answer to this one, I am having the same issue, have been troubleshooting for a week now with no progress.
    Monday, September 22, 2008 4:49 PM
  • What kind of deployment is it? can you access the server via your browser? Have you got the correct URL?

Tuesday, September 23, 2008 12:08 AM
  • we were able to get past the 401 error by setting the site authentication to NTLM using adsutil.vbs

now though i get a timeout error when trying to connect to the server. I am looking into that now

Event Type: Error
    Event Source: MSCRMEmail
    Event Category: None
    Event ID: 0
    Date:  9/23/2008
    Time:  12:50:57 PM
    User:  N/A
    Computer: CRMSERVER
    Description:
    #26090 - An error occurred while opening mailbox crmadm@myserver.com. System.Net.WebException: The operation has timed out
       at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetRequestStream()
       at Microsoft.Crm.Tools.Email.Providers.HttpDavRequest.SubmitXmlCommand(HttpWebRequest httpWebRequest, String body)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Tools.Email.Providers.HttpDavRequest.RetrieveInboxUri()
       at Microsoft.Crm.Tools.Email.Providers.ExchangePollingMailboxProvider.OpenMailbox()
       at Microsoft.Crm.Tools.Email.Providers.CrmPollingMailboxProvider.Run()

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Tuesday, September 23, 2008 5:14 PM
  • sorry should be more specific. when clicking test in the email router configuration utility for the forward mailbox i get the above mentioned error, so i published the setting anyway. I get the same error in the event log that is what is shown above.

Tuesday, September 23, 2008 5:20 PM
  • Have you created new "CrmEmailRouter"(Forward Mailbox) user with mailbox for this purpose?

If yes, you have to login on that user mailbox using Outlook or Web Outlook at least one time before you can set it up.

Wednesday, September 24, 2008 1:13 PM
  • Yup, I am using a forward mailbox, I tried about everything I could find on the net and still could not get it running when trying to connect to exchange.

I finally gave up and just configured it through pop3, works fine doing that.

• Marked as answer by Jim Glass Jr Friday, October 9, 2009 8:07 PM
    Wednesday, September 24, 2008 2:58 PM