Sync Between Pc and Mac RRS feed

• Question

• I need some guidance, I have a scenerio where I have a PC and a MAC.  I'm interested in syncing my Documents folder between both computers.  My Documents folder is about 15 gig in size, After reading and following the instructions, I ran into some challanges after settings things up.

First is live mesh a true peer to peer sync service? or do I need to setup the desktop on-line to have both compuer sync?

If this is the case, I believe there is a limit on the amount of data correct? or is there a way to sync from pc to mac directly?

Thanks in advance for your input.

Wednesday, May 27, 2009 9:00 PM

Answers

• Thanks for your post.  Mesh supports true peer-to-peer sync for PC, but at this time it is not supported for Mac. Mac sync requires going through Live Desktop.  The current Live Desktop storage limit is 5GB, so a 15GB MyDocs folder cannot be completely synced.
    Wednesday, May 27, 2009 11:08 PM

All replies

• You should be able to sync directly if when you set up your sync options you select "Never with this device' for the Live Desktop. I don't have a Mac so I can't test it but this does work PC to PC.
    Jim - MVP Windows Live - Forum Moderator - Live One Care - Live Mesh
    Wednesday, May 27, 2009 10:04 PM
  • Thanks for your post.  Mesh supports true peer-to-peer sync for PC, but at this time it is not supported for Mac. Mac sync requires going through Live Desktop.  The current Live Desktop storage limit is 5GB, so a 15GB MyDocs folder cannot be completely synced.
    Wednesday, May 27, 2009 11:08 PM