Quick create button missing in Outlook Client for CRM 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I am using the CRM 2013 Outlook client and I have noticed that the Quick Create button is missing. 

Is this by design or is this something that has has to be enabled for Outlook?

• I am using CRM 2013 Online.
    • Quick create is available in the Web client.
    • I have installed update rollup 1

Marc Collins www.QGate.co.uk

Friday, January 3, 2014 11:34 AM

All replies

• This is also the same in CRm 2013 On-Premise.

Perhaps there is another way to acheive my goal.  When an email arrives, it is tracked in to CRM.  If one of the recipients is not in CRM, I need a quick way to add this contact.  The email router is used to track emails.

Monday, January 6, 2014 10:16 AM
  • You can change the Outlook personal email settings to automatically create a contact if the email address is new.  Note, this can result in duplicate contacts if your customers use multiple email addresses (business and personal).

Monday, January 6, 2014 1:52 PM
  • Hi Chris

Im not sure this will solve my issue as not all contacts need to be added.  Ideally, I would like to see the unresolved contact and add if required either by using quick create or, better still, click on the unresolved email address and be promped to add to CRM.  At the moment, I need to navigate away from the activity and add the contact manually, or use the web client.

Wednesday, January 8, 2014 1:34 PM
  • We are facing the sames issue an explanation from MS would be welcome!
    Wednesday, April 2, 2014 9:48 AM
  • Hi Bennnnnnnnnnn

I have added this request to Microsofts bug tracking system "Connect". 

https://connect.microsoft.com/dynamicssuggestions/feedback/details/813249/crm-2013-quick-create-button-is-not-available-when-using-the-outlook-client

Please feel free to vote/add comments to add weight to the request.

Wednesday, April 2, 2014 10:29 AM