none
Remove a retired forum from my forums

Question

• I added the Microsoft Point of Service (POS) for .NET v1.14 to the list of my forums. It was a temporary for those testing the latest POS for .NET. The forum was quickly retired in favor of the regular POS for .NET forum. The problem is that the Microsoft Point of Service (POS) for .NET v1.14 is still shown in the last of my forums and there is no way to remove it.

Can anyone help?

Microsoft Point of Service (POS) for .NET v. 1.14

Sean Liming - Book Author: Starter Guide SIM (WEI), Pro Guide to WE8S & WES 7, Pro Guide to POS for .NET - www.annabooks.com / www.seanliming.com

Thursday, August 6, 2015 10:59 PM

Answers

• At this point you might have better luck reaching out directly to the forums team by sending an email to fissues (at) microsoft [dot] com. Hopefully they can help straighten this out.
    EDIT: If you uncheck the box and hit Submit, does the forum get removed? This reminds me of the old way to downvote, so it might actually work.

Friday, August 7, 2015 3:10 PM

All replies

• You can browse My Forums, then click the forum to be removed, then hover over X in forum name, then Remove from my forums

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

Friday, August 7, 2015 2:59 AM
  • Yes, that is how one normally gets rid of forum. The problem is that the forum doesn't show up on any list; except My Forums page.

Go into the forum  and nothing appears on the left to hover over. There is nothing in the Archive.

Sean Liming - Book Author: Starter Guide SIM (WEI), Pro Guide to WE8S & WES 7, Pro Guide to POS for .NET - www.annabooks.com / www.seanliming.com

Friday, August 7, 2015 2:23 PM
  • Perhaps this will do the trick:

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/user/favorite?forumName=POSCTP

I'm basically just replacing the forum name in one of my hover links with that particular forum name, so I'm not sure if this will work or not.

Friday, August 7, 2015 2:33 PM
  • It makes it worse on my end. No I see nothing, but an add to my forums checkbox and submit button.

Friday, August 7, 2015 3:06 PM
  • At this point you might have better luck reaching out directly to the forums team by sending an email to fissues (at) microsoft [dot] com. Hopefully they can help straighten this out.
    EDIT: If you uncheck the box and hit Submit, does the forum get removed? This reminds me of the old way to downvote, so it might actually work.

Friday, August 7, 2015 3:10 PM
  • see nothing, but an add to my forums checkbox and submit button.

Me too.  Did you try it?  I got an "unexpected error".  

FWIW I suspect your problem symptom will be a "branding" issue.   E.g. most of my subscriptions are to TechNet forums but I do have one to an MSDN forum and using it I was able to find and add https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/posfordotnet/threads to my forums.  And then after making sure that I was starting from an MSDN forum I was able to find that one again (e.g. via View all) and remove it from my forums.

Good luck

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Friday, August 7, 2015 10:00 PM
  • The box is already unchecked. I will try the e-mail.

Thanks everyone!

Saturday, August 8, 2015 2:50 AM
  • Cheers, you're very welcome. Hope they're able to help get this fixed for you.

Saturday, August 8, 2015 5:15 PM