off topic - Windows Live Sign In RRS feed

• General discussion

• Is there a way of singing out of Windows Live Mail, without having to link with one of the other options like MSN home page or Messenger. If I am asked to sign into Windows Live Mail, why is there not a Sign Out icon to  click directly on the Windows Live Mail page?

Saturday, January 19, 2008 2:23 PM

All replies

•  Note that you're off topic for this forum, which is dedicated to Windows Live OneCare. You may want to try the Microsoft Public newsgroups here: http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/Default.aspx

And be clear on what program you are asking about - Windows Live Mail, Windows Mail (mail in Vista), Windows Live Hotmail (the web interface)

If you mean Windows Live Mail, go to options, click the Connections tab, and select "stop signing in."

-steve

Sunday, January 20, 2008 4:26 AM
  • Stephen:

Thanks for your recommendation. I did make it clear by referrring to Windows Live Mail. 

Just to clarify my question. When I use any other Windows MSN site, such as Messenger, I always sign in. When finished I click the sign out which is always provided. 

This does not seem to be the case with Windows Live Mail. It allows me to sign in of course, but when finished reading and or deleting mail, the window has no Sign Out icon to click which would make matters a whole lot easier. Why is there no sign out icon somewhere on the Windows Live Mail window as there is on all the other Live options.

Are you saying that selecting "Stop signing in" found in Options/Connections will add the sign out to Live Mail?? I am not sure of that. The "Stop signing in" option would by pass signing in all together.

I wish my Windows Live Mail to be secure, by not only Signing In, but also Signing Out, as is the case with Hotmail, Yahoo or any other mail provider.

Hope to here from you soon. I live about 50km west of Toronto.   You??

TrailBlazer

Sunday, January 20, 2008 1:30 PM
  • As Steve said

Sorry but if you are not having problems Windows Live OneCare then you are off topic, this forum is dedicated to Windows Live OneCare, you can look for help and an answer here http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/list/en-us/default.aspx

chuck

Monday, January 21, 2008 5:02 PM