none
Hive ODBC Connection Issue - Where to Put RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

Have an issue with the Hive ODBC setup (to be used in Power BI). Which forum does this belong in?

Thank you.

Monday, November 6, 2017 8:54 PM

Answers

All replies

• I'd ask for help over here.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/forums/en-us/home?category=powerbi

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Monday, November 6, 2017 9:33 PM
  • Hello,

Have an issue with the Hive ODBC setup (to be used in Power BI). Which forum does this belong in?

Thank you.

Good day,

I think that this is depend on the issue. ODBC is not related to BI specifically but to any application that try to connection the server usung this provider. ODBC issues can rise in any developing forum theoretically since any developing can be done base on database. If you can connect using ODBC from console application then you should be able to use it under Bi as well.

Without any more information I would suggest to ask the question in the forum that deal with your Operating system since ODBC is a provider (component) installed in the OS level.

If the issue is specifically related to using ODBC under PowerBi then I would go to PowerBI forum.

More information is needed I think

you can see list of forums here and if the issue related to using ODBC in general (configure ODBC in the OS) then choose the relevant forum according to your use.

signature   Ronen Ariely
     [Personal Site]    [Blog]    [Facebook]    [Linkedin]

Tuesday, November 7, 2017 6:46 AM