OCS Front end properties - where it is getting stored ? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I wanted to know where the OCS Front end properties are getting stored ? Is there something like a local DB/schema attributes which are used for this purpose. The thing is I wanted to access the static routes & authorized hosts configured on the OCS front end ... If there is a way, please let me know the availability of any API's for the purpose.
    Wednesday, October 7, 2009 8:49 AM

Answers

• I thought you were originally asking about the Enterprise Voice Routes, which are defined in AD.  For server-specific settings some of that information is stored in the server/pool SQL server database as well.  The settings you are looking at are most likely stored in SQL and not AD.
    Jeff Schertz, PointBridge | MVP | MCITP: Enterprise Messaging | MCTS: OCS
    • Marked as answer by Madan.mohan Wednesday, October 7, 2009 2:33 PM
    Wednesday, October 7, 2009 2:16 PM

All replies

• The global OCS configuration settings are stored in ACtivie Driectory, either in the System or Configuration container depending on the version and which container was selected during deployment.

Default Naming Context [dc.domain.com]
    CN=RTC Service,CN=Microsoft,CN=System,DC=domain,DC=com

Configuration [dc.domain.com]
    CN=RTC Service,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=domain,DC=com

Take a look at this blog for more details: http://blogs.pointbridge.com/Blogs/schertz_jeff/Pages/Post.aspx?_ID=13

Also check out the 'Active Directory Domain Services Reference' section of the OCS 2007 R2 documentation:
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd441288(office.13).aspx

Wednesday, October 7, 2009 11:25 AM
  • Hi Jeff,

Thanks for the reply ....
    I found the Configuration CN=RTC Service,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=domain,DC=com in ADSI Edit..
    But there are several CNs listed under it .... For example, if I need the Static Routing information, which one should I be looking in to ?
    Also, if you can share the actual attribute names to access the routes info, it would be really helpful.

Wednesday, October 7, 2009 1:04 PM
  • I thought you were originally asking about the Enterprise Voice Routes, which are defined in AD.  For server-specific settings some of that information is stored in the server/pool SQL server database as well.  The settings you are looking at are most likely stored in SQL and not AD.
    • Marked as answer by Madan.mohan Wednesday, October 7, 2009 2:33 PM
    Wednesday, October 7, 2009 2:16 PM