none
After updated motherboard firmware I can't run msoobe.exe /a as its window stay blank RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Team,

After updated my motherboard firmware, Windows XP asked for reactivation. So I tried and the msoobe.exe window stay blank, so I can't reactivate XP or have necessaries information to do it by Internet, Phone or modem.

I found a trick here about removing IE7, so I tried without success.
    I also tried to uninstall SP3, no success.
    I tried repair from Windows XP CD, no success

No I have 2 days left. What could be done?

I run the diagnostic tool (before uninstalling IE7 and SP3). As it's on another PC I need to copy report by hand below:

Validation status: Not Activated
    Validetion Code: 1
    Online Validation Code: N/A
    Product Key: *****_*****-4T4BW-4TGWV-T4B3G
    Product Key Hash: J8UCtbwyPaQo2v3RlKaDjTCu1VQ=
    Product ID: 76412-OEM-2153172-67770
    Product ID Type: 3 - OEM System Builder
    Windows OS version: 5.1.2600.2.00010300.3.0.hom
    ID: {F5E89894-4222-41BA-9A81-69D5A6B49695}-(3)
    Administrator: Yes
    TestCab: 0x0
    WGA Version: Registered, 1.7.69.2
    Signed By: Microsoft
    Product Name: N/A
    Architecture & Build: N/A  N/A
    TTS Error: N/A
    Validation Diagnostic: 025D1FF3-171-1_025D1FF3-179-2_025D1FF3-199-3

Thanks to provide me any support you can. I tried to call Microsoft by phone but I was only able to talk to robot asking me to provide the Validation code I can't display as msoobe.exe is stuck.

Laurent Salmeron
    laurentsalmeron@hotmail.com

Monday, November 3, 2008 9:46 PM

Answers

• Hello Loran_69, 

Thank you for visiting the Windows Genuine Advantage (WGA) program forum. In order to receive the best support, we request all users to initially run the Microsoft Genuine Advantage Diagnostic Tool.  This will try and identify the individual issue you may be experiencing.  Please provide a brief synopsis describing your customer scenario, including any dialogue, error messages, or codes. Error codes can be found in the lower left hand corner of most Genuine Advantage Web pages when an error is encountered. I see you have ran this tool, but the data is invalid please repost with out any changes. 

By clicking the link below, you will download the Microsoft Genuine Advantage Diagnostic Tool (MGADT).  Then click the Run button. Then click the Run button again. Then click the Continue button to perform the diagnostic. The Windows tab should show, click the Copy button to paste your report to the clipboard.  Then paste the report into a New Post on this Forum by adding a post in it and pressing Ctrl V (to paste the text). Clicking the OK button will clear the Diagnostic window. Here is the download link:

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012

Please tell us about the Certificate of Authenticity (COA) for your copy of Windows XP.

1. What edition/version of Windows XP is titled?

·         Home

·         Professional

·         Media Center

2. Does it read "OEM Software" or "OEM Product" in black lettering?

3. Or, does it have the computer manufacturer's name in black lettering?

4. Please provide the customer scenario you are experiencing.

5. DO NOT post the Product Key.

Not sure what to look for, see this page to reference your COA:

http://www.microsoft.com/resources/howtotell/product.aspx?pID=2abf99cd-a5e4-469c-802e-55ca8ec542d5&cID=ea710cad-37b0-4975-bcd6-abfee19961df&method=oem&displaylang=en

NOTE: The data collected with the MGADT does NOT contain any information that can personally identify you. The information can be fully reviewed, by you, before being posted.

Thank you for your participation here on the Windows Genuine Advantage (WGA) program forums. We look forward to working with you.

Antron-

• Marked as answer by Antron Monday, November 10, 2008 6:27 PM
    Wednesday, November 5, 2008 6:44 PM

All replies

• You might have to decompress the msoobe.ex_ from the disc and replace it. I think that a clean install will fix the problem.
    • Proposed as answer by motherboardlove Tuesday, November 4, 2008 5:48 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by Antron Wednesday, November 5, 2008 6:38 PM
    Tuesday, November 4, 2008 5:48 PM
  • Thanks for your answer!

I tried tons of solutions here. As said, I tried to uninstall IE7 without success, I tried to repair Windows XP by booting on original CD without success too. This msoobe window didn't want to appear. I also tried a solution I found here, about having a blank window for msoobe (exactly my problem!) without any more success...

So I found a solution: I choose to reinstall Windows XP (and not to repair from the first menu) and at one point the application told me: Hey! you already have a Windows XP installed here!, do you want me to repair it?

So I said yes, and I goes in a very long process ( > 45 minutes) where Windows XP was installed "over-the-top", I mean without loosing any information, files or settings from my PC. The installer made exactly like a new WinXP installation, asking me for the motherboard/Graphics cards CDs, , asking for my international settings, etc. exactly like if it was a real WinXP installation. At the end of the process I was able to reactivate Windows without any problem!

I didn't loose a byte of my previous installation, all applications are theyre, all incons, drivers, even my screen resolution and background screenshoot ! :) etc. The only problem I see is with printer drivers which needed to be reinstalled.

So I think we should more think about this last and working solution. All work fine now for me!

Best regards,

Laurent.

Wednesday, November 5, 2008 10:53 AM
  • Hello Loran_69, 

Thank you for visiting the Windows Genuine Advantage (WGA) program forum. In order to receive the best support, we request all users to initially run the Microsoft Genuine Advantage Diagnostic Tool.  This will try and identify the individual issue you may be experiencing.  Please provide a brief synopsis describing your customer scenario, including any dialogue, error messages, or codes. Error codes can be found in the lower left hand corner of most Genuine Advantage Web pages when an error is encountered. I see you have ran this tool, but the data is invalid please repost with out any changes. 

By clicking the link below, you will download the Microsoft Genuine Advantage Diagnostic Tool (MGADT).  Then click the Run button. Then click the Run button again. Then click the Continue button to perform the diagnostic. The Windows tab should show, click the Copy button to paste your report to the clipboard.  Then paste the report into a New Post on this Forum by adding a post in it and pressing Ctrl V (to paste the text). Clicking the OK button will clear the Diagnostic window. Here is the download link:

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012

Please tell us about the Certificate of Authenticity (COA) for your copy of Windows XP.

1. What edition/version of Windows XP is titled?

·         Home

·         Professional

·         Media Center

2. Does it read "OEM Software" or "OEM Product" in black lettering?

3. Or, does it have the computer manufacturer's name in black lettering?

4. Please provide the customer scenario you are experiencing.

5. DO NOT post the Product Key.

Not sure what to look for, see this page to reference your COA:

http://www.microsoft.com/resources/howtotell/product.aspx?pID=2abf99cd-a5e4-469c-802e-55ca8ec542d5&cID=ea710cad-37b0-4975-bcd6-abfee19961df&method=oem&displaylang=en

NOTE: The data collected with the MGADT does NOT contain any information that can personally identify you. The information can be fully reviewed, by you, before being posted.

Thank you for your participation here on the Windows Genuine Advantage (WGA) program forums. We look forward to working with you.

Antron-

• Marked as answer by Antron Monday, November 10, 2008 6:27 PM
    Wednesday, November 5, 2008 6:44 PM