I need a driver for NVIDIA nForce Network Adapter RRS feed

• Question

• Has anyone been successful in Loading WHS on an ACER Aspire Revo 1600? I need A Network Adapter Driver and I will Have success. Please help

Thursday, January 28, 2010 11:51 PM

Answers

• If you do a search in the forums, you'll find that others have had trouble with nForce-based motherboards. Have you considered simply buying a PCI NIC (I like Intel NICs) and disabling the on-board NIC?
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Friday, January 29, 2010 3:19 AM
  • You can see if the "chipset driver" package for Windows XP includes a NIC driver.
    Friday, January 29, 2010 5:00 PM

All replies

• If you do a search in the forums, you'll find that others have had trouble with nForce-based motherboards. Have you considered simply buying a PCI NIC (I like Intel NICs) and disabling the on-board NIC?
    Friday, January 29, 2010 3:19 AM
  • Ken, Thank you for the reply. Unfortunately the unit doesnt have any slots so the next option is a usb nic. I was just hoping to be able to offer a nice small unit for my customers. I am curious how the HP LX195 does it? This is the same motherboard with the same nic (it is theirs after all). Any/all thoughts are appreciated!
    Friday, January 29, 2010 4:30 PM
  • You can see if the "chipset driver" package for Windows XP includes a NIC driver.
    Friday, January 29, 2010 5:00 PM