none
Give heatmap to my users

Question

• Hey All,

My users are interested in seeing the processor load while their jobs are running. The job manager tells them on which nodes there jobs are running, but I've not yet found a nice way to share processor load with them. The best way to visualize the load is the heat map provided in the cluster manager -- but of course I do not want to give all users administrative rights to use the manager. 

Is there a way to give users access to see just the heat map? I'm fiddling with a screenshot/web server idea but I know there must be something else. If this isn't simple, what ways have you used to visualize load for your servers? I'd be perfectly content with an HTML table spitting out textual percentages and reloading on a timer. 

Any suggestions are appreciated, thanks!

-Eric

Thursday, November 18, 2010 10:26 PM

Answers

• Hi Eric,

The heatmap is currently only available to the admins, not the users - as you've already seen. We are looking at making a user heatmap in the future. I would love to get more details on your requirements - eg. which counters, what kind of refresh rate, how big is a typical job etc. Can you email me at rae.wang@microsoft.com?

Thanks,

Rae

Tuesday, November 30, 2010 12:06 AM