How to resolve conflicting instructions from Windows Live One Care RRS feed

• Question

• When I went through the steps to add my new notebook to my Windows Live One Care account, I got a comment that the anti virus on my PC was not adequate and was led to a list of Vista-compatible anti-virus providers.  Windows Live One Care was one of the providers so I clicked on it and found myself back at the same screen I had navigated to get to the present point in the installation.  Therefore, I went back to the menu of providers and picked Avast Home edition to install.  When I went back into Windows Live One care after the Avast installation, I got the indication that the Avast might conflict with the Windows Live One Care anti virus.  I would appreciate help in resolving this apparent contradiction.
    • Moved by JimR1Moderator Thursday, July 23, 2009 4:52 AM (From:Windows Live OneCare Anti-Virus)
    Thursday, July 23, 2009 4:06 AM

Answers

• I'm guessing that you saw a warning from Windows Security Center stating your computer wasn't protected. It is common to see this warning during installation of antivirus software. The warning was not from One Care so there is no contradiction. I understand that some warning messages can cause confusion but the warning from One Care that Avast will cause conflicts is correct and Avast should be uninstalled.
    Jim - MVP Windows Live - Forum Moderator - Live One Care - Live Mesh - Microsoft Security Essentials
    Thursday, July 23, 2009 4:45 AM