Backing up second PC in Live OneCare Circle RRS feed

• General discussion

• I have just installed Windows Live OneCare with my desktop as the hub PC and my husband's laptop as the second PC in the Circle. Last night I configured the backup program to run every Friday at 6am. This morning, it started up and ran find on my computer, but I got an error message on my husband's computer stating that Live OneCare had been stopped without completing his backup. What does this mean, and how do I resolve it? Thanks for the help. So far, I like this protection better than McAfee. It was referred by my computer builder.

Friday, November 30, 2007 12:36 PM

All replies

• Are you seeing this message on the hub pc as a status? What do you see on the laptop?

Was the laptop on at 6:00 am? Is it possible that the backup was cancelled by your husband?

-steve

Friday, November 30, 2007 3:40 PM
  • No, the error message appears on my husband's laptop. It might not have been on the first time I tried to back up, but it was on the second time. No, my husband was at work. Could there possibly be a backup conflict with Spyware Begone? My husband purchased this several years ago, and I'm not sure he will want to let it go. Thanks for replying so quickly!

Friday, November 30, 2007 5:40 PM
  • I'm not familiar with Spyware Begone, but I wouldn't think so. However, if that is an "always on" monitoring/protection program, you'll probably want to remove it. However, I'd first try and run the backup again and see what happens.

-steve

Friday, November 30, 2007 7:37 PM