XML validation against schema using visual studio RRS feed

• Question

• I found using xml validation against schema(xsd files) using visual studio as shown in this link. Problem in this method is that there is no particular menu in visual studio to validate the xml schema. If i keep the xml file and xsd file in same folder and open xml file in visual studio  then xsd schema are automatically detected and added in schema in properties window and validation is done(in case of error it is shown in error window). But in case xsd file is not there in the same folder then we need to manually add schema file in properties window. But is there any option by which if schema files are not found for the xml then error or warning is displayed that xsd files not found? If any option is available or if there any automation is there then please inform me
    Tuesday, August 6, 2013 12:39 PM

Answers

• Hello IT researcher,

Thank you for your post.

I am afraid that the issue is out of support range of VS General Question forum which mainly discusses WPF & SL designer, Visual Studio Guidance Automation Toolkit, Developer Documentation and Help System and Visual Studio Editor.

I am moving your question to the moderator forum ("Where is the forum for..?"). The owner of the forum will direct you to a right forum.

Since you are working with xml validation against xml schema, maybe you can try to consult on XML, System.Xml, MSXML and XmlLite forum: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=xmlandnetfx  for better solutions and support.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Amanda Zhu
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Proposed as answer by Dave PatrickMVP Sunday, August 18, 2013 3:14 PM
    • Marked as answer by Just Karl Monday, August 26, 2013 5:30 PM
    Friday, August 9, 2013 1:59 AM