Import Note/Annotation Data RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have searched several articles about how to import the note data. What I get is we must have 4 columns when we do importing for annotation. It was note, regarding, title, isdocument. However the column's name in the CSV file need to be mapped again thus I create a data map again.

The problem is when I map the "entity" column in the csv file with the "regarding" field of annotation, error window pops up suddenly. I try to ignore it and run the importing. unfortunately the importing was failed. I then check the failure navigation and the error is referring to the value of "entity" column.

I have put a guid value ("{xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx}")for "entity" column. I am wondering why it keeps failure.

Thank you very much for either the help or suggestion you give.

Regards, Dedy
    Tuesday, April 5, 2011 9:47 AM

Answers

• Hi there,

Good news that I have solved this problem. Look at this link http://rc.crm.dynamics.com/rc/2011/en-us/on-prem/5.0/outlookimportnotes.aspx. We need an automatic map so that the columns name must be exactly the same with the annotation's field. At least the columns we must have are "Regarding", "Title", "Description", and "Is DOcument". The "Regarding" column value is the fullname of contact/account. It will be failed if there is duplicate fullname but we can use the GUID instead of fullname.

Regards, Dedy
    • Marked as answer by Dedy Hartono Wednesday, April 6, 2011 2:52 AM
    Wednesday, April 6, 2011 2:51 AM

All replies

• Try removing parathensis {}.
    Regards Faisal
    Tuesday, April 5, 2011 10:11 AM
  • Hi Faisal,

It doesn't solve the problem. I think the problem is on the creating data map. When I map the "entity" column with the "regarding" field of annotation, the error window pops up directly even I haven't saved the data map. If we can solve this mapping data, I think it must be successful when do the importing.. any thoughts?

Regards, Dedy
    Wednesday, April 6, 2011 2:11 AM
  • Hi there,

Good news that I have solved this problem. Look at this link http://rc.crm.dynamics.com/rc/2011/en-us/on-prem/5.0/outlookimportnotes.aspx. We need an automatic map so that the columns name must be exactly the same with the annotation's field. At least the columns we must have are "Regarding", "Title", "Description", and "Is DOcument". The "Regarding" column value is the fullname of contact/account. It will be failed if there is duplicate fullname but we can use the GUID instead of fullname.

Regards, Dedy
    • Marked as answer by Dedy Hartono Wednesday, April 6, 2011 2:52 AM
    Wednesday, April 6, 2011 2:51 AM