Changed my Windows Live ID, logs still list old ID RRS feed

• General discussion

• I was recently invited to the Live Mesh beta and it's been working really well. However, after I installed Live Mesh I needed to change my Windows Live ID. Instead of just creating a new Live ID, I decided to change my ID using the functionality on the profile maintenance site. Much to my surprise, I saw that my ID was also changed for Live Mesh. After updating all of my Live Mesh instances to use the new ID, I've noticed that the "logs" in the windows that appear next to my shared folders still have my old Live ID instead of the new one. Also the "notifier" window (from the System Tray applet) still lists my old ID however I do sign in using the new one.

So I guess my question is: Is this a known issue or should I file a bug report? I don't have any loss of functionality, just the "old" ID listed in the logs and in the notification window.

Sunday, July 6, 2008 5:33 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Yes, please do submit a bug report.  We are aware of a number of issues regarding the Live Mesh news, but it is always helpful to have more information from people encountering these issues.  If you submit your bug through Connect, please feel free to post the Connect Feedback ID here for others to view and validate (which is also helpful to the Live Mesh team).

Thanks,

Ben.
    Monday, July 7, 2008 6:56 PM