Dynamics CRM 2013 link to Google Analytics tool RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All;

I have added the Google Analytics code in the Dashbord of CRM as webresource

The code is as below

<html><head>

<script type="text/javascript" >

(function(i,s,o,g,r,a,m){i['GoogleAnalyticsObject']=r;i[r]=i[r]||function(){
      (i[r].q=i[r].q||[]).push(arguments)},i[r].l=1*new Date();a=s.createElement(o),
      m=s.getElementsByTagName(o)[0];a.async=1;a.src=g;m.parentNode.insertBefore(a,m)
      })(window,document,'script','//www.google-analytics.com/analytics.js','ga');

ga('create', 'AA-0000000-0', 'dynamics.com');
      ga('send', 'pageview');

</script>

</head><body>

</body></html>

But this code gets reflected(can be seen) when the actual dashboard gets loaded 

as below

Does anyone knows the reason why?

Any help much appreciated

Thanks

Pradnya07

• Edited by Simran08 Friday, August 8, 2014 11:03 AM 1
    Friday, August 8, 2014 10:42 AM

All replies

• Are you using system dashboard because I think you cannot talk to non-CRM / external sites in user dashboards?

KZEE

Friday, August 8, 2014 1:14 PM

• No i am not using system dashboard. 

Pradnya07

Friday, August 8, 2014 1:17 PM
  • That would be the reason then. Try creating a system dashboard and see if your web resource works in an IFrame.

CRM 2011 / 2013 by default restricts cross site scripting for user dashboards. You can check the properties of your IFrame where it should show a check box under security section to restrict  /allow cross site scripting.

You can create a system dashboard from Settings->Customizations->Customze the System->Dashboards

Have a look at the following article for more information.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg328034(v=crm.6).aspx

KZEE

• Proposed as answer by KashifZeeshan Monday, August 11, 2014 4:44 PM
    Friday, August 8, 2014 4:56 PM
  • That would be the reason then. Try creating a system dashboard and see if your web resource works in an IFrame.

CRM 2011 / 2013 by default restricts cross site scripting for user dashboards. You can check the properties of your IFrame where it should show a check box under security section to restrict  /allow cross site scripting.

You can create a system dashboard from Settings->Customizations->Customze the System->Dashboards

Have a look at the following article for more information.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg328034(v=crm.6).aspx

KZEE

• Proposed as answer by KashifZeeshan Monday, August 11, 2014 4:44 PM
    Friday, August 8, 2014 4:56 PM