Activities Duration value in Hours RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I need to show chart in Activities with Duration field in hours, not in minutes as it shows at the moment. If I add extra field on task form which contains converted value in hours, I can not see it in activities when I create chart, as well I can not add it. Any ideas how can I do this ?

Tuesday, September 20, 2011 8:01 AM

Answers

• Unfortunatelly, the activity entity is not customizable so you cannot add such field, you would be stuck with the default duration which is given in minutes.

You could use the custom field for example to the "task" activity, but then you can only show that field when you create a chart on task and not on all activities. This is a known limitation of CRM product (and an annoying one!).

Gonzalo | gonzaloruizcrm.blogspot.com

Tuesday, September 20, 2011 1:02 PM

All replies

• Unfortunatelly, the activity entity is not customizable so you cannot add such field, you would be stuck with the default duration which is given in minutes.

You could use the custom field for example to the "task" activity, but then you can only show that field when you create a chart on task and not on all activities. This is a known limitation of CRM product (and an annoying one!).

Gonzalo | gonzaloruizcrm.blogspot.com

Tuesday, September 20, 2011 1:02 PM
  • If you are creating the chart in a custom report then you have several options like; convert the field in your query statement, create a variable field with formula for conversion, etc. 

Regards, Donna

Friday, September 23, 2011 5:02 PM