Getting MSCRM licence for development envoirment RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have been working on MSCRM as a developer. I need to install MSCRM on my machine. Wanted to know what product key should be used while deployment. There are keys available online which have 90 days validity.

My development environment is prepared by our infra team, they will be using MSDN licence for OS and required software tools for development and deployment (MS SQL, VS 2010, .....) of MS CRM.

I would like to know, what product key should be used for making use of the MSCRM 2013 server as development server ?

Regards,

Sarfaraj Shaikh

Monday, November 3, 2014 12:19 PM

All replies

• Hi Sarfaraj,

I think you can start development with 90 days validity keys also. You need to purchase MS CRM 2013 on premise license from microsoft

Regards, Saad

Monday, November 3, 2014 12:33 PM
  • Thanks Saad.

If our org is having membership of Microsoft partners network, then is it possible to have the MSCRM developer licence or Does MSCRM works with MSDN licence. And if we want to acquire membership of Microsoft partner network, what are the requirements. My previous company were having MS partner membership, and all our developer team had multiple MSCRM server installed. Hence, wanted to know this for my knowledge.

Regards,

Sarfaraj Shaikh

Tuesday, November 4, 2014 9:25 AM
  • for non production uses, you can use MSDN license. You will need to purchase a key when going live.

please check with your partner for further information.

regards

Jithesh

Tuesday, November 4, 2014 11:58 AM
  • Thanks Jitesh,

We have Visual studio Premium MSDN subscription, i feel we will get product key for installing MSCRM. I am working on to get required permissions from our licensing team. If i come to know how exactly it get keys, with subscription, will Post it here.

Regards,

Sarfaraj

Thursday, November 6, 2014 6:40 AM
  • hi,

if you download CRM from msdn download site, the key will be embedded. Or you can also view the key from my product key link.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/subscriptions/aa336858.aspx

regards

Jithesh

Friday, November 7, 2014 7:19 AM