Vista Update error 80070426 and ICS error 1068 RRS feed

• Question

• I have a hp pc (quad CPU q6600 2,4GHz, 4Gb RAm) with Vista home premium 64 bit SP2 (last update 2 july 2010) installed as OEM software (Italian version).

When the pc starts i get "Impossible to check for updates" message and if I run manually the windows update i get errore 80070426 Impossible to check for windows updates (this is the translation from the original italian message "Impossibile cercare nuovi aggiornamenti. Errore durante la verifica di nuovi aggiornameni per il pc").

Moreover I have another issue: if i try to share the internet connection (from proprieties of the network connection) i get an error "Impossible to start the service"

I tryed to run back the sistem with system restore, but the problem persists. Malawarebytes anti malaware and antivirus programs (ANtivir and AVG) could not find any virus or spyware.

I alredy made some checks.

If I try to start manually "Gestione licenze software" that is the service for the licenses of windows it starts and a few seconds later stops.

If I try to start the ICS (Internet connectiong sharing-condivisone accesso internet) I get error 1068.

I ran Microsoft FIxit 50202 but problem is still there.

I ran sfc /scannow and get the message that some files could not be restored, problem is still there.

I try to rub the recovery disc of VIsta x64 but the software could not find any problems.

I ran Microsoft geuine advantage diagnostic tool and it says the validation is Genuine, but if I click on "licensing" tab it says "Software licensing srvice not running"

I think that the problem of windows update and connection sharing for the internet are related, but I can't find any solution. Despite the problem I can connect to the internet via ethernet cable to a modem-router.

ANy help is appreciated.

ThankYou

Sunday, September 12, 2010 10:18 AM

Answers

All replies