Server Usage RRS feed

• Question

• Is there a way to see who has signed on to my Home Server and what that did?  I would like to know who is signing on and when, etc.
    Thursday, November 12, 2009 3:04 AM

All replies

• Is there a way to see who has signed on to my Home Server and what that did?  I would like to know who is signing on and when, etc.

There is no way to do that within the product itself.  However, I believe there is an add-in that has at least some of that functionality.  You might check mswhs.com or wegotserved.com and see if either of them mention it.
    Thursday, November 12, 2009 3:35 AM
  • I use a program called Remote alert it allows me to see who has loged on and off using remote access, if thats what you mean, but it doesnt tell me what they were doing. But as far as I know there is no way to know if you talking about with in your home network.
    HMG
    Thursday, November 12, 2009 12:45 PM
  • There is not much monitoring capability. An unsupported method would be, to read the IIS logfiles in C:\Windows\system32\Logfiles locally on the server, which is AFAIK the same, what the above add-ins do.
    This will only cover access through the web interface, but not such via shares or Remote Desktop.
    Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf
    Thursday, November 12, 2009 4:20 PM