MonitoringTool?Win32/KeyKey RRS feed

• Question

•  

OneCare has found this on my computer, and can't remove it. Does anyone have any suggestions about this spyware? I'm not sure what to do, and when I try to access the LOC help pages, the navigation is cancelled all the time. So, I'm turning to you! Help?
    Wednesday, August 13, 2008 3:30 PM

Answers

All replies

• hey kimstacey

To get more infromation why onecare didnt remove this spyware cna you do the following

Can you send me the following file

VISTA

1. c:\ProgramData\Microsoft\OneCare Protection\Support\MPLOG*(some file which starts with MPLOG) (This is if you have vista)

OR

WinXP

2.      c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\OneCare Protection\Support\MPLOG*(some file which starts with MPLOG) (This is if you have win xp)

Note : These are hidden so you have to make sure that you enable show hidden files and folders

Let me know if you face any problem in the above steps

thanks

Monty Jain[MSFT]

Wednesday, August 13, 2008 5:16 PM
  • If you are using Windows Live OneCare and you have been infected, but OneCare did not detect or cannot remove the malware, please contact support to report this and for help with removal.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

If you are in North America, you can call 866-727-2338 for help with virus and spyware infections. See http://www.microsoft.com/protect/support/default.mspx  for details.  For international information, see your local subsidiary Support site.

-steve

Wednesday, August 13, 2008 5:21 PM
  • Great News! I contacted support, and spoke with a lovely young man, who got it all resolved for me. Thanks to both of you who replied to my email; I certainly couldn't have done anything constructive without your input. What a joyous experience this really was; thanks to the three of you (including the support fellow), I am (once again) amazed at the kindnesses of others. Kudos!

And, a heartfelt thank you.

Wednesday, August 13, 2008 11:17 PM
  • This was a brilliant suggestion, but...I'm appalled to say that I was too ignorant to take advantage of your advice! Monty, it's challenging, sometimes, when the technology is so far and above one's understanding. I tried to search for the file to send it to you; and never did find it until the Live OneCare support fellow got me to see it. (It was amazing to watch him "remotely" access my computer - felt very much like a science fiction story. For a woman who grew up reading Jules Verne...the technology of the 21st century is truly astounding!)

Thank you so much for taking the time to write me. I'm indebted to you.

Love!

Kim

Wednesday, August 13, 2008 11:23 PM
  • I'm glad to read that your support experience went well, Kim. You're very welcome.

-steve

Thursday, August 14, 2008 12:49 PM