"A licensing initialization error has occured. Please contact customer support for more assistance. Error 0xC004D301 RRS feed

• Question

• "A licensing initialization error has occured. Please contact customer support for more assistance. Error 0xC004D301 -  I get this trying to reinstall Streets & Trips 2013 after refreshing Windows 8. So this is definitely a Microsoft problem! Get it together and please help me resolve this. I see that I am not the only one with this issue and the only help you gave him was to search the forums data base, which is horribly lacking. Again, please help...
    Wednesday, October 30, 2013 10:42 PM

All replies

• I have the same problem. MS wants $99 to fix a problem on a $30 program. The free fixes didn't work for me. It took 2 hrs of " pass the customer to a new person" before I got some one who said they could fix it for $99. It appears to be a common problem but the only solution for it isn't free.
    Thursday, October 31, 2013 7:46 PM
  • I refreshed Windows 8, lost Streets & Trips and had the same problem when I tried to reinstall. Solution:  Call Microsoft support. Yes, it is a pain. You need to be transferred to a Streets & Trips tech, which didn't happen the first time. The tech will take control of your computer, fix the issue and install what you need (your license info provided), and you'll be up and running! Hope this helps. Microsoft is the worst out there for bells, whistles and stops, ie our problem...
    Thursday, October 31, 2013 11:32 PM