Windows XP Media Center Edition problem(s) RRS feed

• General discussion

• I recently moved my computer from one room of the house to another.  When all connected and running, it came on just fine the first several times, then all of a sudden when re-started, it pops a screen up with "User Name" HP_Adminstrator" and asks for a password....this is NOTHING I ever set up on this computer, and I have no way of overriding it that I know of....I can't get to the main desktop screen of the computer....all it gives me is this sign in screen.  Any help will be appreciated.

Also, we have a wireless router in another room of the house...can anyone tell me if the HP Windows XP Media Center has the ability to connect wireless to the internet?  And if so, how do I go about setting it up? 

Again, many thanks for any and all help.  (this is not a security topic, per se, but did not give me correct option to choose for forum category, etc.)
    • Changed type JimR1Moderator Friday, August 7, 2009 3:38 AM
    • Moved by JimR1Moderator Friday, August 7, 2009 3:42 AM Off topic. (From:Microsoft Security Essentials: Getting Started and Upgrading)
    Friday, August 7, 2009 2:41 AM

All replies

• Sorry for the delayed reply - we moved your post from the MSE forum.

You may want to try the Microsoft Public newsgroups here: http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/list/en-us/default.aspx

or contact HP for help.

In order to connect to your wireless router, your PC needs to have a wireless network adapter installed. It can be internal or a USB based adapter.

-steve

Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare, Live Mesh, & MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator
    Friday, August 7, 2009 5:49 PM