customer portal version 5.0.7, trying to install on crm 2011 rollup 8 and getting an error RRS feed

• Question

• customer portal version 5.0.7, trying to install on crm 2011 rollup 8 and getting an error, please can someone confirm, what version/rollup it should work on, as the error I am getting is not support on this version
    Saturday, December 22, 2012 5:51 PM

Answers

• Actually, it was my mistake.  I forgot how Palak had to publish the file to Pinpoint.  That CAB file is a compressed folder.  You have to extract it using a tool such as WinRAR or using the EXPAND command.  Here is another post on how to do that.  http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/is/crmlabs/thread/971187ce-0dad-4a75-b922-19221bb390fa

Sorry for the confusion.  I really wish PinPoint didn't require a CAB file for submitting uploads.  It does nothing but make it difficult for customers to use.

Shan McArthur www.shanmcarthur.net Check out the commercial edition of xRM portals @ www.adxstudio.com

• Marked as answer by DamonRepton Friday, January 25, 2013 4:03 PM
    Friday, January 25, 2013 3:57 PM

All replies

• You are likely just getting a warning that your version of CRM is different than the version on the server when the solution file was published.  This is a warning and not an error.  You can install it.  I just recommend downloading the latest version as the portals are updated whenever there is a significant issue with CRM that require the portals to be changed.

Shan McArthur www.shanmcarthur.net Check out the commercial edition of xRM portals @ www.adxstudio.com

Monday, January 21, 2013 4:11 AM
  • no its an error not warning, will not let me move on with the installation.

Regards Damon Repton

Friday, January 25, 2013 3:37 PM

• Regards Damon Repton

Friday, January 25, 2013 3:38 PM
  • It looks like you are trying to import the wrong file.  Please import the .cab file that is in the package.  You probably tried to import a zip file that was a compressed folder and not a CRM solution file.

Friday, January 25, 2013 3:44 PM
  • no mate, I am trying to import the cab file, please see below

Regards Damon Repton

Friday, January 25, 2013 3:48 PM
  • Actually, it was my mistake.  I forgot how Palak had to publish the file to Pinpoint.  That CAB file is a compressed folder.  You have to extract it using a tool such as WinRAR or using the EXPAND command.  Here is another post on how to do that.  http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/is/crmlabs/thread/971187ce-0dad-4a75-b922-19221bb390fa

Sorry for the confusion.  I really wish PinPoint didn't require a CAB file for submitting uploads.  It does nothing but make it difficult for customers to use.

• Marked as answer by DamonRepton Friday, January 25, 2013 4:03 PM
    Friday, January 25, 2013 3:57 PM
  • ahh I see what you mean, its a cab within a cab... just used standard windows 2008 r2 extract tool and now seems to be working, cheers for your help.

Regards Damon Repton

Friday, January 25, 2013 4:01 PM
  • next silly question now, how to I deploy the site now I have the solution imported??

Regards Damon Repton

Friday, January 25, 2013 4:42 PM