I can't activate my Windows 8 Single Language RRS feed

• Question

• I bought a Samsung laptop with preinstalled Windows 8 Single Language OS, when at home, I tried to activate windows, however, this error occured, "the software licensing service reported that the license store". I have read some problem like this in the thread, but I hesitate to do it, coz I'm afraid it might not work. Please help, I wanna play the XBOX games, still can't since windows isn't activated yet.

This is my first post, so I really hope someone would respond to this immediately. Thank you in advance! AMDG+

Tuesday, July 23, 2013 11:44 PM

Answers

• Please open an Elevated Command Prompt window (in Start, type 'Command' - a Command Prompt icon will appear, right-click on it, and select Run as Administrator)

At the Prompt, type

Licensingdiag.exe -report %userprofile%\desktop\report.txt -log %userprofile%\desktop\repfiles.cab

(note the spaces!)

two files will be put on your desktop -

open the 'report.txt' file in Notepad, and copy/paste the results to your response - you can ignore the repfiles.cab file for the moment, as it's only backup data

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    No - I do not work for Microsoft, or any of its contractors.

Saturday, July 27, 2013 11:14 AM

All replies

• Try phone activation:

1. Press Windows key + X then click Run, then type: slui.exe 4

2. Next press the 'ENTER' key

3. Select your 'Country' from the list.

4. Choose the 'Phone Activation' option.

5. Stay on the phone (do not select/press any options) and wait for a person to help you with activation.

6. Explain your problem clearly to the support person.

Carey Frisch

Wednesday, July 24, 2013 3:36 AM
  • tried this also, but it did not work.
    Friday, July 26, 2013 9:29 AM
  • Please open an Elevated Command Prompt window (in Start, type 'Command' - a Command Prompt icon will appear, right-click on it, and select Run as Administrator)

At the Prompt, type

Licensingdiag.exe -report %userprofile%\desktop\report.txt -log %userprofile%\desktop\repfiles.cab

(note the spaces!)

two files will be put on your desktop -

open the 'report.txt' file in Notepad, and copy/paste the results to your response - you can ignore the repfiles.cab file for the moment, as it's only backup data

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    No - I do not work for Microsoft, or any of its contractors.

Saturday, July 27, 2013 11:14 AM