none
Drop your custom made forums and switch to a better forum software RRS feed

• Question

• There are very good forum software products available (vBulletin, phpBB, etc.). They are MUCH better than what we have to use at this site. Why not abandon your efforts to reinvent the wheel and do something useful?
    • Edited by romh0 Monday, August 10, 2009 6:58 PM
    Monday, August 10, 2009 6:57 PM

Answers

• Your comments are welcome.

However:

1) This is wrong forum. This is for forum issue. Feedback goes in the Suggestions and Feedback forum .
    2) Your comment "Why not abandon your efforts to reinvent the wheel and do something useful?" is unhelpful and demeaning. Please review your comments before posting them. Ask yourself "Will this comment help? Or am i just venting at someone else's expense?"

Monday, August 10, 2009 7:32 PM
  • Venting is okay, it's an important aspect of a feedback forum.  The OP is otherwise not wrong.  After more than 3 years, we're still struggling with basic broken functionality.  Perhaps we ought to leave this to the group the OP is trying to address.
    Hans Passant.
    Monday, August 10, 2009 7:44 PM

All replies

• Your comments are welcome.

However:

1) This is wrong forum. This is for forum issue. Feedback goes in the Suggestions and Feedback forum .
    2) Your comment "Why not abandon your efforts to reinvent the wheel and do something useful?" is unhelpful and demeaning. Please review your comments before posting them. Ask yourself "Will this comment help? Or am i just venting at someone else's expense?"

Monday, August 10, 2009 7:32 PM
  • Venting is okay, it's an important aspect of a feedback forum.  The OP is otherwise not wrong.  After more than 3 years, we're still struggling with basic broken functionality.  Perhaps we ought to leave this to the group the OP is trying to address.
    Hans Passant.
    Monday, August 10, 2009 7:44 PM
  • Hans, with respect to you, i find the term "and do something useful" offensive. It is a thinly veiled insult.
    Monday, August 10, 2009 8:32 PM