How i can check created on date - current system date it should not be on save or onload coading RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I want to show days difference from creation date of the lead to current date.

and if i want to check all my leads created date - today's date. all records have to show data.

please tell me which process i have to follow.

if it work then i can make reports on that base or i can make charts.

Thanks.

Ketan

Thursday, April 24, 2014 12:30 PM

Answers

• Thanks Wayne and Mamatha,

I have done this through work flow now i will definitely try with Wayne option of report embedded.

Thanks both of you for help and your valuable reply.

Regards,

Ketan.

• Marked as answer by Ketan Pimple Thursday, May 15, 2014 10:56 AM
    Wednesday, April 30, 2014 9:21 AM

All replies

• Ketan,

If not on form load then you can update all the lead records using a daily workflow or a batch program. However, it will penalize the server resources.

IF the only purpose of having such info on the lead is for reporting then you would be better off doing such calculation in the report's query instead of storing on lead record.

If my response helps you in finding your answer then please click 'Mark as Answer' and 'Vote as Helpful'

• Proposed as answer by Mamatha Swamy Thursday, April 24, 2014 5:18 PM
    • Marked as answer by Ketan Pimple Wednesday, April 30, 2014 9:16 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by Ketan Pimple Monday, May 5, 2014 6:18 AM
    Thursday, April 24, 2014 5:18 PM
  • Hi,

Can you please help me how i can create a daily workflow.

Please explain.

Thanks,

Ketan

Monday, April 28, 2014 12:52 PM
  • A report would be the simplest solution, as you could calculate the number of days during the report.  This will make sure you're not hammering the CRM server with lots of workflows and the like.  Just use the Today() function to get today's date and then subtract the CreatedOn date on the Lead to get your number of days for the report.

If you also need to show it on the record, you could then actually use OnLoad JS to compliment the report.  this also won't impact the CRM server, and would be current every time a user loaded the record.

The postings on this site are solely my own and do not represent or constitute Hitachi Solutions' positions, views, strategies or opinions.

• Marked as answer by Ketan Pimple Tuesday, April 29, 2014 10:04 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by Ketan Pimple Tuesday, April 29, 2014 10:04 AM
    • Marked as answer by Ketan Pimple Wednesday, April 30, 2014 9:17 AM
    Monday, April 28, 2014 2:06 PM
  • Thanks Wayne,

But if i crated this thing on Load or on save it only reflected when i open that particular lead.

I want to check all leads today's date - created date.

It will automated not manually.

Now i have to import all records in excel and then i minus the dates. Its manual i wanted to do automatic.

means if i go in charts it have to show till today.

I hope you get my point.

Thanks for your valuable reply.

Thanks,

Ketan.

Tuesday, April 29, 2014 10:02 AM
  • Ketan, that is why you want a report.  You can embed the report in a dashboard if you need to, but it also is current every time someone loads it.  Trying to embed that field and then update it daily on the Lead itself is high impact on the CRM server, and a bad idea.  This is what reports are for.

My suggestion of supplementing that with an OnLoad JS piece was just that, a supplement for individual record views, not a replacement for the report itself.

The only other alternative is to do what Mamatha mentioned with a daily workflow that executes against all Leads, but that could have a very high impact on the CRM system, and is largely recommended against.

So I would recommend that you start with a report that is formatted to fit in a dashboard.  Embed the report in the Leads dashboard so it loads every time someone wants to look at leads, and you will have exactly what you're looking for.  Then the only thing you will need to do is tune the report/report server to make the report load as fast as possible.

The postings on this site are solely my own and do not represent or constitute Hitachi Solutions' positions, views, strategies or opinions.

• Marked as answer by Ketan Pimple Wednesday, April 30, 2014 9:17 AM
    Tuesday, April 29, 2014 1:28 PM
  • Thanks Wayne and Mamatha,

I have done this through work flow now i will definitely try with Wayne option of report embedded.

Thanks both of you for help and your valuable reply.

Regards,

Ketan.

• Marked as answer by Ketan Pimple Thursday, May 15, 2014 10:56 AM
    Wednesday, April 30, 2014 9:21 AM