Licensing for a security research enviroment RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi all,

    So I have started to take up the topic information security research professionally, (by professionally I mean a system that is professional in design it won’t be used for work/profit etc.).

    So basically I want to set up bunch of VM’s with different Windows operating systems and patch levels, (and maybe some other software like word/outlook etc. in the future)

    So to my question is the licensing part, where or how can I get licenses to for environment like this, please keep in mind that this is a non-profit project so money is an issue.

    I did think of using trials, or IEtest vm’s but they require a bit of work in the long run, and I am not sure its legal.

    Thanks in advance

    • Moved by Just Karl Wednesday, April 23, 2014 8:18 PM Looking for the proper forum.
    Friday, April 18, 2014 12:31 PM


All replies