Why conflicts are not detected ? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I run demo application called WebSharingAppDemo-SqlProviderEndToEnd.

I need to check conflicts, such as an update on both sides on the same field of the same record.

No conflict is detected, can somebody explain why ?

Thank you so much.

David

Monday, February 7, 2011 1:36 PM

Answers

• The answer came to me...

I followed the example and set the orchestrator's direction to SyncDirectionOrder.UploadAndDownload value.

And when I try to inverse the synchronisation direction to SyncDirectionOrder.DownloadAndUpload, ApplyChangeFailed event is fired.

It works, I'm happy but I get a little frustrated not knowing why it happens...

If somebody has an explanation...

Monday, February 7, 2011 8:18 PM

All replies

• The answer came to me...

I followed the example and set the orchestrator's direction to SyncDirectionOrder.UploadAndDownload value.

And when I try to inverse the synchronisation direction to SyncDirectionOrder.DownloadAndUpload, ApplyChangeFailed event is fired.

It works, I'm happy but I get a little frustrated not knowing why it happens...

If somebody has an explanation...

Monday, February 7, 2011 8:18 PM
  • Have you checked the ConflictType in the ApplyChangeFailed event?
    Monday, February 7, 2011 11:21 PM
  • Now I am able to check it when I use DownloadAndUpload orchestrator's direction.

The problem was that conflicts weren't detected, the ApplyChangeFailed event wasn't fired.

But I still don't know why the event wasn't fired when the synchronisation direction was set to UploadAndDownload... ?

Tuesday, February 8, 2011 8:45 AM
  • This question is old but I'm still interested on understanding the difference between SyncDirectionOrder.DownloadAndUpload and SyncDirectionOrder.UploadAndDownload...

The information provided here:
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/microsoft.synchronization.syncdirectionorder.aspx
    don't help me understanding why conflicts are detected in a case and not in the other... 

Tuesday, July 31, 2012 4:13 PM
  • Use case: I use Downloadandupload in my application,  so my client first downloads all the changes from the server, compares what it has to what was sent, modifies what it has before sending information to the server if needed.  I care what the server has and treat that as Gold... where a client has more flexibility in changing its data before letting anyone else know what happened....

It does not work as cleanly with UploadAndDownload in my use case....

Tuesday, July 31, 2012 4:55 PM