HPC Pack 2016 Activation Filter JobIndex parameter broken? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm running HPC Pack 2016 Update 2 and am implementing an activation filter through an executable as a global activation filter. Since I'm not implementing a DLL I'm not using IActivationFilter directly. However...

In a code that I used in HPC Pack 2012 R2 Update 3, the parameters the scheduler sent to the activation filter were, in order, job xml, number of scheduler passes, the job index, backfill setting, and resource count. 

Where as before all the parameters passed made sense, now all but one seem correct. The job index passed by the scheduler seems to always be '1'.

I actually don't need this information, and if needed I could probably get it from the jobxml, however I wanted to point this out in case it is in fact something that needs to be looked into.

Regards,

-Michael

Friday, January 18, 2019 5:23 PM

Answers

• Hi Michael,

The job index is the job's position in the queue, not the job id. So it is possible to be '1' for a job. You may try to queue up a few jobs and check the values.

Check this doc for details.

Regards,

Yutong Sun

• Marked as answer by MichaelEnders Tuesday, January 22, 2019 3:43 PM
    Monday, January 21, 2019 3:18 AM

All replies

• Hi Michael,

The job index is the job's position in the queue, not the job id. So it is possible to be '1' for a job. You may try to queue up a few jobs and check the values.

Check this doc for details.

Regards,

Yutong Sun

• Marked as answer by MichaelEnders Tuesday, January 22, 2019 3:43 PM
    Monday, January 21, 2019 3:18 AM
  • Hi Yutong,

Thanks. That makes sense. I'm not sure why I expected it to be the job id.

Regards,

-Michael

Tuesday, January 22, 2019 3:42 PM