Hacked Hotmail/Outlook Account RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Microsoft.

Let me start out by stating that the customer support service for your Outlook Services is honestly the worst customer service I have ever experienced living. My Hotmail account was hacked two days ago by a person who sent me an email. It wasn't in spam, instead it was in my Inbox. This explains that you (Microsoft) need to upgrade your secure servers and catch these online predators/hackers. Getting back to point. My email was hacked. I recieved a text from Outlook to my phone stating that there is unstable action on my hotmail account, is it me? Instantly I clicked on it, it asked me to verify myself. That's good, they ask you for your information. But guess what! My phone number on the account was then changed, my secondary email address was changed. Oh the glory, look at all this, pain pain pain is all I hear from this. I've send passport photos to agencies, I have important email contacts, and I am a very busy man. My bank accounts are linked to my email. I have had this email since 1998, imagine the information on it. The hacker sent multiple emails to many of my contacts (not including my family members, which means I'm targeted.) Within those emails, it states that I am in trouble residing in UK and that I need money, or pictures of my passport photos or other BS. Ive submitted 3-4 security verification reports in attempt to access my hotmail account. 2 of them were refused because of invalid information and one was cancelled because of a large amount of reports. Now, if this happens to me, I have no access to my account, all the forum topics are useless, there is no customer support number for me to call, and the security verification doesn't work...WHAT DO I DO???????

Saturday, February 21, 2015 12:10 PM

Answers

• Since account issues contain private information  which cannot be shared in a public forum please use the online form listed below. They are the only ones who have access to your account information, we simply don't.

All account related questions should now be asked online using the Microsoft Online form

Select the error you need help with and fill out the requested details on the next page.  You need to be signed in with a Microsoft account to access the form.
    If you are unable to access your primary account, you can use an alternate account (if you have one) or create a new one https://signup.live.com/

Wanikiya and Dyami--Team Zigzag

• Marked as answer by Yassin1234 Saturday, February 21, 2015 2:27 PM
    Saturday, February 21, 2015 12:12 PM

All replies

• Since account issues contain private information  which cannot be shared in a public forum please use the online form listed below. They are the only ones who have access to your account information, we simply don't.

All account related questions should now be asked online using the Microsoft Online form

Select the error you need help with and fill out the requested details on the next page.  You need to be signed in with a Microsoft account to access the form.
    If you are unable to access your primary account, you can use an alternate account (if you have one) or create a new one https://signup.live.com/

• Marked as answer by Yassin1234 Saturday, February 21, 2015 2:27 PM
    Saturday, February 21, 2015 12:12 PM
  • Didn't work. Not available in my region. I've tried that multiple times. I've tried finding numbers, and I even tried finding online customer support. Nothing. 
    Saturday, February 21, 2015 12:19 PM
  • Yassin

AFAIK it is available everywhere.  What country are you in?  I will be happy to check it using a proxy in your country.

That form is the only people who have access to your account.

Saturday, February 21, 2015 12:27 PM
  • I had to scroll down and click on it and switch my browser for it to work. Thanks. We'll see if it works or not, I still don't have access to my account.
    Saturday, February 21, 2015 12:36 PM
  • SK

When copying verbatim please attribute the source.  http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/outlook/hacked-account

Or you could just snip a bit and give the link.<smile>

Friday, March 13, 2015 12:45 PM