none
Bug - answers in my threads are not shown in Activities and not count towards total points RRS feed

Answers

• Hi Naomi,

Question - if I asked a question and then answered it and someone else than myself marked the reply as an answer, it is not shown in Activities and not counted towards total points

Yes, this is by design.

Thanks,

Arun Ganesh

Forums Program Manager
    Wednesday, August 31, 2011 9:59 PM

All replies

• Hi Naomi. I notice that in the thread you linked to, you were the original poster, is that he case in the other threads where you have noticed this problem? It was my understanding that in the old recognition system, the OP was not supposed to earn any points for replies (including those marked as the answer by a moderator) that they made to their own question (although if that was how it was supposed to work, I'm not convinced it always did work that way).  Perhaps that behaviour has been carried forward (intentionally or not) to the new recognition system.
    Monday, August 29, 2011 1:39 AM
  • The recent samples of activities and points missing is when I initiated the thread, someone marked the answer (not me).

I can understand, if the answer was not counted towards my points (although since it was someone else marking it, perhaps it should), but why the fact that is was marked was not registered in Activities either?

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog
    Monday, August 29, 2011 1:42 AM
  • I don't know why. I agree that a case can be made for awarding points in these cases, and I certainly think it is not logical to show a post as an answer in the thread but not in Activities.  I was just trying to suggest how it might have ended up being coded that way; more an attempt at troubleshooting than an explanation.
    Monday, August 29, 2011 2:05 AM
  • I had another case today, so it's indeed missing from Activities (and from Points). Wondering if someone from the team can comment.
    For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog
    Tuesday, August 30, 2011 2:39 AM
  • Hi Naomi,

Question - if I asked a question and then answered it and someone else than myself marked the reply as an answer, it is not shown in Activities and not counted towards total points

Yes, this is by design.

Thanks,

Arun Ganesh

Forums Program Manager
    Wednesday, August 31, 2011 9:59 PM