space screensaver error message RRS feed

• Question

• This is just a minor irritation, but on my media center 2005 laptop with an nvidia 7400 card refuses to load the pre-installed space screensaver (the one with a spacecraft orbiting a revolving earth), giving me a "send error report" message. This is the same space screensaver as on the XP plus! package. I loaded that package onto the laptop, and while all the other screensavers work as expected, the space saver (which loaded seperately from the original because it has a different name) gets the same error message. I've tried every nvidia display setting, but get the same message. Can someone tell me why this is happening?
    Saturday, January 20, 2007 7:44 PM

All replies

• I get exactly the same message on my XP Media Center Edition 2005 laptop with nVidia go 7200. It's a HP dv6152eu.

Are you running on AMD's Turion 64X2? I think its this that causes it becasue it doesn't like to run many games. The only game I've got to run so far is Rollercoaster Tycoon 3. Other games have to be runnning in compatibility mode for win98 to work. I think its because the 2 proccessors are running at different speeds. I don't know how to fix this problem though...

Saturday, February 10, 2007 3:27 PM
  • It appears this is an nvidia problem. I have the 7300 card and have the same problem. I have tried all resolutions listed and it will not load on my 1440 x 900 digital monitor.
    Thursday, February 15, 2007 11:20 PM